Community Potpourri

Spanish translation @PedroPastrana
https://raleighnc-gov.translate.goog/housing/how-ask-landlord-rental-repairs-and-maintenance?_x_tr_sl=en&_x_tr_tl=es&_x_tr_hl=en

1 Like

You guys ready new years?

9 Likes

Happy New Year to all y’all. I surely do enjoy this community. Thank You, Leo, for starting and running this fun, fasinating, and education site. All good things and blessing for each of you, your families, and downtown Raleigh in this new year

16 Likes

Happ new year’s friends even do I don’t now you in person yet but want everyone to feel blessed :palms_up_together::palms_up_together:

15 Likes

Hola Pedro, como estĂĄn?

Muy bien y usted que tal

Bien estoy bien
 estoy sintonizando el fĂștbol americano.

1 Like

Ultima hora: el jugador DĂĄnae Hamlin se desmayĂł por TV

My New Year’s resolution is to not click on the hidden posts from the 2 people I’ve muted, so I won’t be tempted to respond. We’ll see how it goes

So far so good.

4 Likes

Looks like @Boltman was speaking some truth. Sure this is a great, safe location without any issues.

:grimacing:

1 Like

Supposedly was the store clerk that stabbed somebody

1 Like

I got my hair cut at Arrow across the way this afternoon. The barbers were laughing about it - didn’t seem to shake them!

Yikes. I’ve been to that one several times, tho I usually go to North Hills since I have a regular person there. Doesn’t seem like something to laugh about.

Very weird about it being the clerk. Just saying, it’s not a great reflection on the area given the known issues.

Someone put the wrong color mulch out here in the neighborhood. Got verbally abused by a neighbor and fainted. Chatham getting rough.

2 Likes

I’m on that block regularly feel safe. Like any city downtown, I watch my belongings and keep aware of my surroundings, but to be honest I felt less safe in downtown Syracuse when I lived in that city. There certainly are characters around the GoRaleigh station but they don’t bother me. The vibe downtown also has been more lively with the onset of warmer weather, so it doesn’t feel like people are being frightened away.

12 Likes

HAHA! My dad’s from Cuse, can confirm it’s kinda a shithole. Downtown area, while small, is pretty cool with some interesting stuff, but mostly it’s a pretty dead area.

Chatham County violent crime rate is 19.3. Raleigh is 20.1. Not all that different.

3 Likes

Spread out much more and it’s the non violent in Downtown that’s more annoying like my car getting broken into and my Amazon packages getting stolen on the reg.

1 Like

Looks like it was the Store Owner that did the stabbing, not just a clerk:

“The store owner said that the guy was stealing, he wasn’t stealing, he turned, he pulled out a knife, threatened the man a couple of times,” Palmer said. “The man kept saying leave me alone; I didn’t take nothing, I didn’t take nothing, I didn’t take nothing. They started fighting. The store owner stabbed him about two, three times.”

“No amount of product is worth another man’s life,” Palmer said.

Can’t imagine Taz’s survives this incident if this is the case.

I saw that too, and I’m wondering if it’s just the witness misspeaking, saying that the clerk was the owner, as in the representative of the business (as opposed to a customer), or if it really was Taz.