Community Potpourri

Property crime rate in Chatham 49.3. Property crime rate in Raleigh 44.4.

5 Likes

Good callout. I saw rumblings on Reddit that people mentioned it was the store owner as well. Wondering if we’ll find more information out soon.

1 Like

Should report by zip code. 27601 probably accounts for a vast majority of Raleigh’s crime.

From WRAL

According to a store employee, the man involved in the stabbing was not just a clerk, but actually the owner of Taz’s, named Taiseer Zarka.

WRAL News reached out to Zarka and asked for his response to the situation. He said, “I really don’t feel like talking about it. This is a case that has gone. Too bad it happened, but it’s gone.”

Police are questioning Zarka, and the incident is still under investigation. WRAL has reached out to RPD to ask specifically if Zarka will face charges and are waiting for a response.

What the actual f**k??

5 Likes

You cannot be the police, jury, judge and punisher for petty theft in your store. Killing someone over shoplifting is as much of a crime as the police kneeling on your neck until you die because of presumed passing of counterfeit bills.
Others have said it already, but this could be the end of Taz’s. Even if the owner somehow comes away without a criminal conviction (if it’s true that it’s the owner), they will likely face a huge civil case that could wipe them out financially.

7 Likes

Guy supposedly stabs a guy. And then says…

Account from someone that says they were one of the first responders to the scene. These are the only posts on the account, so I can’t validate who he is.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty monstrous. I don’t understand why he hasn’t been arrested yet.

Apparently he was arrested by RPD back in August for assault with a deadly weapon. Still don’t understand why he isn’t in jail.

https://wakenc.mugshots.zone/zarka-taiseer-abou-mugshot-08-07-2022/

4 Likes

This “man” sounds like a cold blooded killer to me. IF- and I mean IF the killing was in self defense, a decent person would still be horrified by the action they had to take to save their own life, and most certainly wouldn’t be treating this as “just another day” - to take someones life and then act like “it sucks but it’s in the past” when it just happened kinda plainly tells me this dude has sociopathic if not straight up psychopathic tendencies. Dude will more than likely be charged, even if just manslaughter, and this is most assuredly the end of Taz’s.

3 Likes

“Others have said it already, but this could be the end of Taz’s”

Taz’s should have been gone a long time ago. The place is a dump!

5 Likes

I won’t be crying. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Apparently he’s been charged with murder. As he should be.

5 Likes

Not sure where to put this, but the owner of Taz’s convenience store was arrested for stabbing a man to death in broad daylight.

Yeah, I’ve heard other stories about this place. Apparently, its not the first time they’ve been violent towards customers, but this is the first stabbing I’ve heard about. In Zarka’s response to WRAL about the situation, he said, “… too bad it happened, but its gone.” I hope he gets prison for life.

Same. Between his assault charge last year and then his attitude after he stabbed a guy to death, that’s what he deserves.

1 Like

Wonder if or how Taz’s operates while he’s entangled in the legal system.

Oh, it’s done. I have no doubt. It might remain open for a bit while his employees struggle to run it without the owner/manager present… but after a month or two when he stops paying rent (because his life as he knew it is over, which is what he deserves, meaning all his funds will now be going towards his legal “defense”), that’s it. Taz’s is done.

2 Likes

That’s just insane. As grimy as the location has gotten, it’s been a staple for years. I believe the owner of the property also owns the ‘Reliable Loan and Jewelry’ down the street. Will be interesting to see what they’ll do with it.

Suckas be sayin’ they can take out Alan Horwitz…needle scratch/s

Anyone see this earlier today?

Busch League: Beer truck gets stuck under Raleigh’s Peace Street bridge (wral.com)

9 Likes