Downtown hotels

Future Hilton Garden Inn & Homewood Suites on West Davie Street. I had done some before shots of this corner but it was before the fence was up.

13 Likes

The sidewalk improvements will be worth it alone even if the building is underwhelming. This has to be the worst eyesore in downtown currently.

5 Likes

66 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sites 3 & 4, Convention Center Hotel + Tower

Anyone heard about the new boutique hotel being built in Phoenix; The Atari Hotel.

How the hell is Raleigh NOT in part of their first wave of cities?

6 Likes

Well for one, all of the locations are from Denver and west. Second, Raleigh’s hotel scene isn’t exactly screaming interesting.

I did see this article as well.

Nothing in Raleigh is…

Lol… :laughing:

1 Like

It’s not…‘yet’ but if you are going with a ‘gaming themed hotel’ and you have a metro with nearly 100,000 college kids plus a tiny gaming company called Epic (not to mention Red Storm and the Temple Run people)…one would think we’d be a good market for such a themed hotel concept.

9 Likes

Better idea, let Epic have their own themed hotel and keep it local!
Let’s build our brand as a city, not take pieces of other’s brands like we’re a shopping mall.

7 Likes

They probably have never heard of Raleigh.

2 Likes

Actually, I think we need the exact opposite. We don’t need gaming companies, we need gaming tourists. That means more e-sports events, gaming conventions, comic book stores, retro video game shops, etc. We have plenty of tech but I’m not sure the “geek culture” is that high around Raleigh.

I feel like it could be but maybe it’s not as apparent as these other markets.

14 Likes

“She doesn’t even go here” :rofl: (sorry if anyone doesn’t get the reference)

1 Like

I’ve been wondering what would become of that prime but dilapidated piece of real estate.

uncleJesse your a hard man sometimes lol, but we think so much alike on alot of growth ideas in Raleigh.I was thinking the same thing Steve Malik also mentioned a similar idea, for example the Atari Hotel along with a gaming arena out in Downtown South, maybe a video gaming hall of fame get epic and red storm involved along with that Billionaire owner sell the vision of Raleigh wanting to become the video gaming Capital of the world more startups, tournaments coming to the Arena selling out hotels, packing restaurants I don’t think alot people know how big gaming is,but you have kids competing and winning millions of dollars playing video games lol, maybe I’m a dreamer and way left thinker but it worth researching.

4 Likes

I think we can have it all the Gaming companies and the gaming tourists. Tournament you name it.

1 Like

Very exciting. :roll_eyes:

Apparently asking for CU-4-UL to DX-4-UG rezoning.

Editing this post to include the plot layout to illustrate @Alan’s comment below:

4 Likes

Rooftop McFlurrys?!? Oh hell naw, they’ll make so much noise in my peaceful neighborhood gobbling down those M&Ms and ice cream

2 Likes

Oh the shadows and the noise!
Interestingly, they are moving the building to the street corner so that the parking and the drive through is between it and the future hotel.

3 Likes

the ice cream machine is broken

4 Likes

You sound like a Nimby

I’m loving it.

I’ll see myself out.