Election Day, Nov 3, 2020

Dropping like flies… :rofl:

Election Day voting is special to me. Longest I waited was 105 minutes at a school in James Island, SC. Shortest was 5 minutes at my old elementary school in North Raleigh.

I have done early voting once, but it doesn’t feel the same. It felt like waiting at the DMV, perhaps because the results were still 3 weeks away and there was no energy felt by me. There was the added sense of dread that someone would have a Gary Hart-style flameout. I didn’t like that later voters had more info than I did.

3 Likes

I am very hot. I will never early vote in a primary (especially one like this) again.

Same actually. I’m unaffiliated so generally vote in the primary that has more action. I’m not used to voting early (the concept is foreign to me; we don’t have it in Virginia where I’m originally from) and this probably the last time I’ll ever do it. Down ballot is critical but feel like I wasted my vote at the top.

I only voted early one time and that was in 2012 when I was working out of town. Waited in line over 2 hours.

Every other time I typically wait until about 7:00 pm. Walk over to the polling place and get in and out in about 10 minutes.

My family participated in the Oaks & Spokes ride to vote event on Saturday. My wife and I waited in line for an hour to vote, but we met new people and got to chat with several folks while in line. Overall excellent experience.

I do agree with @Deb that NC should explore ranked choice voting in primaries.

8 Likes

I usually vote early but NC has always had a later primary, so this is a bit weird.

Seems like the centrists are assembling like Voltron now. It may make Super Tuesday tougher for Sanders but how much pull does Biden really have outside the South? He didn’t exactly do well in the first 3 states.

I always vote early nowadays as they hold it in the building that I work in. Too convenient to pass up.

3 Likes

When you vote early, and when you are a member of a party, your names gets removed from the data of party members that haven’t yet voted. This means that you stop receiving robocalls and mailers to vote for a particular candidate in a particular race. So, there’s that!

2 Likes

Bloomberg needs to Dropout !

5 Likes

I find it interesting that Trump is now the youngest man still left in the race for President.at 73. Sanders is 78, Biden is 77, and Bloomberg is 77. (Warren is 70).

3 Likes

Hope they all have good picks for VP…

2 Likes

By “good” do you mainly mean Y O U N G? haha

1 Like

No line at my polling place this morning. :man_shrugging:

We actually had a long line (for us) I was number 5 and got there right at 630.

No line for me in west Raleigh. I was #142 at about 745.

1 Like

I voted this morning around 7:30 at Roberts Park, I was #58. No line at all.

1 Like

I don’t know what number I was (forgot to ask) but there was no line at the St. Mary’s School location at 7:40a. I think I saw maybe 5 people voting while I was there total.

@OakCityDylan not sure about your location, but at mine when you feed your ballot into the machine it shows what number you are in the display.

1 Like

I’m sure it did and we only had one machine so it would have represented all of those before me, I just didn’t think to look. I did look during the municipal vote (early voting) off Salisbury. Oh well.