Election Day, Nov 3, 2020

I was #4701 when I voted at Roberts Park on Saturday.

Just a note for those of your worried about their vote not counting because of candidates dropping out of the race, itā€™s very likely your vote would not have counted anyway due to not reaching the 15% threshold.

1 Like

This is true, but Iā€™m sure that all of these voters would have a second preference among those who do reach 15% or more. In other words, are they in the Biden or Sanders/Warren camp?

The Raleigh-Durham of political ideals.

1 Like

https://www.wral.com/ap-source-bloomberg-to-reassess-after-disappointing-results/18990847/
But Warren is hanging on like a hair in a biscuit, I feel bad for Bernie I really do.

2 Likes

Good can he get his campaign office the F**K out of our city now?

3 Likes

And unless I am mistaken Tulsi Gabbard is also still in the race?

She is. Her 1 delegate is going to be the big prize. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I have heard heā€™ll keep some offices to support the eventual nominee. Could be the case here.

1 Like

ā€œHair on a biscuitā€ thatā€™s the first time Iā€™ve heard that. lol, love it!!

2 Likes

My boss says it all the time and itā€™s incredibly country and annoying. I mean heā€™s allways just hanging around like a hair on a biscuit and Iā€™m just like why the fudge do you have hairs on your biscuits?!?!?

1 Like

Youā€™ve never heard that?!? Itā€™s one of my all-time favorites. Meaning: a little bit out of place and folks arenā€™t sure what to do with you.

1 Like

I grew up in Raleigh so never learned many of these country sayings. :grin: But I am adding them to my lexicon these days.

2 Likes

Me too, but then again I was surrounded by transferred New Yorkers as a kid.

1 Like

Well Warren dropped out. If she endorses Sanders, it could put him back in charge with the delegate count still close and a critical block of states coming up.

If she endorses Biden then itā€™s basically over.

If she endorses no one then itā€™ll be a slow fizzle for the progressive ticket instead of an instant death, but probably still an eventual loss unless something changes.

From the way she is talking about the Sandersā€™ supporters ugliness I donā€™t see her endorsing him . . .

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to think about a Biden/Warren ticket. Thoughts?

7 Likes

Renamed the thread to all things election day, Nov 2020.

1 Like

Would be kind of a shot to the segment of the party that helped Biden turn things around wouldnā€™t it? And I donā€™t think it would do much along the unity front as the Bernie or Bust folks would find another excuse not to vote.
Also would more than likely lead to a Republican being appointed to the Senate in her stead thus removing any chance of the party capturing the Senate.

1 Like

Wow, hadnā€™t thought of her replacement in the Senate - so nevermind. I was just thinking she could pull the Sanders supporters out to vote in November.

3 Likes