First Citizens Bank in downtown Raleigh

Me too @Street_Grid! I don’t think CIT is troubled at all.

1 Like

Anyone know where FCB would be on the Fortune 500 list?

CIT was 732 in last years list and It appears FCB was just outside the top 1000, so the combined entity might just slide into the top 500…

3 Likes

Thats going to be based on Revenue so you could hypothetically add the 2 bank’s revenue and see where it would rank. I am guessing you will need it to be more than $6B to crack the F500 list

1 Like

Question remains, will this newly merged/created company finally utilize First Citizens campus at NH’s? :thinking:
(they have a lot of land there with that small round building and not forgetting the former home of BTI Telecommunications if memory serves) :bank:

1 Like

Lots of questions that will need to be answered. This is a merger of equals. We just get to keep the name and HQ … but who knows what will be where and how.

2 Likes

They can call it a “merger of equals” but in substance it is a takeover by First Citizens. First Citizens stockholders will own 61% of the combined company, it is keeping the name First Citizens, it is keeping the FCNCA ticker symbol, it will be headquartered in Raleigh, Frank Holding, Jr will be the chairman and CEO, and the Board of Directors will have 11 current First Citizens members and just 3 from CIT.

All that is why I wondered if there was some distress, bc clearly First Citizens is coming out on top, even though it sounds like CIT was actually larger.

4 Likes

Valid points. And happy about it. I don’t want to move to CA. :flushed:

1 Like

From what I see they, CIT, is losing lot’s of money.
Share price is less than 1/2 what it was in February. So I would be not surprised if there was not a push by FDIC to find a strong partner. CIT would likely have had to cut it’s high dividend soon and share price would have left a hole in floor it would have fell so hard.
-edit to fix lot’s of things to keep my hand from being slapped really hard with ruler by English teacher - lol

PE Ratio (TTM)|N/A
EPS (TTM)|-4.79
Forward Dividend & Yield|1.40 (7.32%)|

2 Likes

A move to Charlotte is more likely…? :upside_down_face:

I’ll take bets that won’t happen.

2 Likes

I spent Monday walking around most of downtown and had a lovely afternoon. I took a few snaps. Here is an update on the remodeling of the 1st Citizens downtown building. I can’t recall where the other photos were, but as you can see they are moving at glacier speed!

11 Likes

I just took one also while out at lunch today.

10 Likes

@TedF stop following me around!! lol. They made some real progress since Monday!

3 Likes

I can grab a shot from the other corner.

5 Likes

Fresh pic

24 Likes

Sure looks better than it did.

5 Likes

Still salty over what this replaced (historic 12 story classic looking building) but this is a HUGE improvement!!! Any word on if they are converting the ground floor to more retail space?? Looks like extensive work still going on down there…

2 Likes

Most of the ground floor is First Citizens Bank. Rest of of the ground floor is the lobby and elevators. Not sure if there is room enough for anything else.

1 Like

I guess I was curious if they were possibly cutting back the size of the bank to just be more of a teller-less/ATM style rather than a full branch to open up room for another space. Wishful thinking, I’m sure

1 Like