FNB Tower (Charter Square)

Even if FNB doesn’t become the fourth tallest, it’s one of the biggest additions to the skyline since PNC Plaza’s completion.

8 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, weren’t you the one that provided the height from blueprint? If you’re Grandpa really works on the crew he would know. So unless you or he is lying lol, I think it’s no question FNB will be the 4th tallest.

I think it we be, but I was just saying that even if it isn’t going to be the fourth tallest it still will be a significant addition to Raleigh’s skyline.

4 Likes

I went back in this thread and discovered that we’ve been seriously talking about and debating this building’s height since last Summer.

4 Likes

When it’s finally done we can choose a volunteer to climb up to the top and drop something off of it. Then we’ll time how long it takes and we’ll finally have an answer
…unless people argue over the methods or the accuracy of the timing device or the cross winds at the time…

4 Likes

I still wonder, as I did last Summer, if they are measuring this building from its lowest elevation along Wilmington to its highest point along Fayetteville?

2 Likes

Both, that way it is ambiguous.

4 Likes

I wonder how it’s measured from a zoning perspective. For instance let’s say the Origin hotel on Morgan wrapped around the parking deck to the Hargett side and went the whole way down to the ground. That seems like a 20-30 foot difference at least. If they were building up to the height limit for zoning I wonder where they would start? I’m sure someone on here knows the answer to that.

Or I can just go to the top of One Progress and let you know which is taller.

6 Likes

It might be a while until I can but I can find out where they are measuring from and try to get y’all the exact height!

4 Likes

Wikipedia says it is 312 feet tall and everybody knows that if it’s in Wikipedia then that must be absolutely right. By the way, FNC slipped to 5th tallest building since I last looked as the Walter Tower in midtown clocks in at 364.5 feet tall. (both denoted as being under construction).

4 Likes

I wonder how tall Kane’s re-zone 40 story tower will be. Does that re-zoning have a max height? If it is all residential it probably won’t be more 420 feet if he decides to go up to 40 floors.

Premiere on Pine residential tower in Seattle is 42 stories and only 440 feet.

3 Likes

Are you talking about the Walter Tower? As it is 32 stories and 364.5 feet tall. It is residential (hotel and apartments)??

1 Like

I was supposing that the 40 story rezone request would include up to 500 ft. since that’s where the UDO lands its 40 floor limit.

Yes it’s all residential and luxury hotel. Though take the number for a grain of salt because I don’t think there’s any official height number on Kane’s dual tower project yet.

1 Like

The Walter Tower hasn’t started construction yet, but Tower 4 immediately next to it has. Here’s the webcam.

1 Like

I believe I saw in the plans that the Walter was 365’ (with Tower 4 being 250’).

1 Like

So, my question is: Will @dtraleigh update the banner photo for the community to reflect the inclusion of this tower when it’s completed?

2 Likes

I kind of wonder about that. Isn’t Captrust like 17 stories and almost the same split of parking and office? Yet Captrust is 260ft. Tower 4 being 20 stories should naturally be a bit taller. I thought I read somewhere that Kane Realty themselves put in print that it was going to be the tallest office tower on 440. The rendering makes it look taller as well. Not that I’m saying your wrong I just am inclined to believe it will be a little bit taller. Closer to 280ft maybe? The Walter being around 365 sounds about right I just haven’t seen anything concrete solidify that.

1 Like

For some reason the Walter Tower height just doesn’t seem actually to me, considering I read somewhere that it would be comparable to Two Hanover Square. Either way the estimate places it 100 ft above any other building in Midtown and will make a significant impact over there when completed.

2 Likes