FNB Tower (Charter Square)

If it’s all residential and hotel, the slab to slab distance will likely be around 10 feet, save for a taller ground floor. Add the crown and it’s easy to see it topping out in the middle 300s.

1 Like

Yeah. I think I saw the site plan from back in 2016 and from floor to tippy top was 375ft. It was 2016 though and idk if small changes have been made from that draft but the changes would be aesthetic only. Should still be 365-375ft. I just don’t know about tower 4. Because even the plans for the 18 story Cardinal tower show it topping at 240ft. Seems like a 20 story office tower would be a bit larger then that as well.

Sorry, are we talking about the FNB building?

2 Likes

Sorry, forgot this is a strict Downtown forum

2 Likes

I should get more up-to-date banner photos.

3 Likes

A clone of the Walter in the CBD would be nice. But it might upset the retirees in the Hue, so it’s probably a pipedream.

2 Likes

@dtraleigh
Does it cost you more to make such changes?
I’d love to see more DTR visuals added…:blush:

It will be fine. Better than most people think. Assuming that roof height is right… but I see little reason to think it isn’t.

Based on the renders I’ve been working on, FNB will end up looking better than people think, a solid addition. The Nexus on the other hand… it will help the general effort in aerials but won’t have much ground presence unless you’re on Salisbury street or Nash Square. It will only be barely visible behind the parking deck from the opposite end of Moore Square, due to sitting on higher elevation than the deck.

7 Likes

No cost. Just need to get out there, do a photowalk.

1 Like

I think it’s more that this is an FNB topic that seemed to stray.

1 Like

We were talking about other buildings heights throughout the city so as to see where FNB might be placed on the “tallest in Raleigh list.”

1 Like

Spring is coming. It will be a lovely time of the year to take photos!

3 Likes

10 Likes

What a great gap filler. Really adds to the density.

5 Likes

3 more floors to go?

6 Likes

Two plus roof and parapet.

4 Likes

Yup!

5 Likes

I think a number of us was driving through downtown today…:blush:

7 Likes

Taken this morning driving by Shaw U!

7 Likes

Looks good, thank you Bryan! :smiley:

This is a good example of DTR and the surrounding land not being exactly flat. It can give a different height perspective from very short distances. :relaxed:

5 Likes