FNB Tower (Charter Square)

From my office window:

Also, this guy:

11 Likes

Have to love the guy with safety rope that looks like itā€™s tied off to somewhere near the wall behind him. Fall from that position and rope will make him a swinging Pendulum slamming him into wall 4-5 floors lower down :face_with_head_bandage:

Heā€™s tied off to the member heā€™s standing on.

He also has another fall arrest where if he were to fall, heā€™d fall about 6ā€™ and hang. Itā€™s the loop you can see barely immediately underneath him and the member.

1 Like

Ok. I took that loop to just be part of rope he is holding. If itā€™s a separate safety devise makes more sense. Was kind of surprised at way it looked, cause did not think contracted would perform such as gross violation of safety rules. OHSA would come down on employer like a ton of bricks (pun) if caught them doing that.

Guess should have said ā€œsafety rope, hope thatā€™s not what it looks like,ā€

1 Like

FNB update from this afternoon.

18 Likes

Some good news from the stand point of photos, my grandfather said the next time he is working on Saturday he will take me up the tower and Iā€™ll take several pictures.

12 Likes

Looks to be the 21st floorā€¦

16 Likes

From this angle it really does blend right into the building to its left/south side.

4 Likes

They are clearly sibling buildings.

5 Likes

Well, I was bored at work and decided to use an engineer scale and a pencil to rough scale the remainder of FNB from the money shotā€¦

19 Likes

Holy cow nice job! I honestly thought they must have finished the tower in the last few hours when I first saw that picture lol

4 Likes

ā€¦adding some loose change to the money shot. It might not make much of a difference, but it will pay the taxes.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s really cool. Thank you for doing that!

1 Like

Iā€™m very curious as to how that was planned. I believe it was originally intended to be a Charter Square I and II, but Iā€™m pretty sure these two buildings actually have two different developers/owners.

1 Like

That I didnā€™t know. I thought that the two buildings were intended to be sibling buildings.

Disregard. Itā€™s the same developer. I thought the plan for the second tower was scrapped and the lot sold. Guess they just sat on it for awhile instead.

2 Likes

If Iā€™m not mistaken, Charter Square I and FNB tower were both developed by Dominion Realty Partners. However, Charter Square I was sold after it was completed and occupied.

3 Likes

Credit to Reddit user /u/zhrllover

You can see the FNB tower sticking out in the background from Dix Park.

17 Likes

Well isnā€™t that an A+ photo. Looks like you could get a nice pano going more to the left to get some of the other midrisesā€¦ Nice!

2 Likes