FNB Tower (Charter Square)

What would make Raleigh better in your opinion?

This is awesome…someone more hated than me! FWIW, I like this building’s mixed use, materials (especially street level) and placement/orientation (to the street and being near the plaza). Good, functional, urban core building.

3 Likes

Maybe he’s running for mayor and just wants nothing to happen? George, is that you?

6 Likes

Hey its the forums first troll.

10 Likes

Well it’s not 40 stories! Or solar powered! And it’s got no affordable housing component! Arrrrrgh!

11 Likes

…and it doesn’t have a fountain or a cinema! :wink::fountain::movie_camera:

12 Likes

And I Still Love It !

6 Likes

I thought that was me :pensive:

1 Like

Nonono! I am troll. Big nasty, fight starting troll! Now fight me! FNB no historic enough!

I do have one on point question…is the Wilmington St side all loading dock access or is there a street level office/retail piece like Charter South?

3 Likes

Raleigh makes me sad.
. Because it is SO MUCH BETTER than where I am from. I am sad for all the people who still live there.

3 Likes

I thought you were moving back to Boston if the Edison lot stays vacant?

3 Likes

I’m not from Boston, I am from Maine, spent a lot of time in Boston, my dad was born there. And it’s not the Edison lot.

Portland ME may be the better Portland. That place is pretty rad. The coastal towns also are beautiful. Also I may or may not be biased because my household may or may not own a blueberry field up there. And MBC. And the AT through Bigelow Preserve is absolutely beautiful. And people speaking French. I’ll sell you a house in east downtown Raleigh if you want…
My next question is, would Portland ME be satisfied with FNB? I think so, if it replaced one of those crap parking decks that attempted to ‘renew’ downtown in the 60’s.

2 Likes

I do not want to clog up the forum, please see my post under the Edison section

Wow. That’s truly the 1% of Maine. A lot of Mainers refer to Portland as NH.

I am ecstatic about FNB! But I moved here for potential, Potential I want to see. People do not move to Portland for potential.

I think of Portland as akin to Vermont with Burlington the sister city. “The County” and NH are like a nation-State as the yang to the yin. Not unlike Johnston County/Orange County. Or Opposite sides of 1010 road. Raleigh is purple politically (somewhat) as well as because it is constantly holding its breath seeing where the winds blow instead of exhaling and defining itself. It is good that so many of us are behind quite a lot of true urbanist concepts and ideas/ideals. It really needs to exhale towards full commitment to things like robust transit, expanded urban form on the edges, pedestrian primacy downtown and the like. FNB and the plaza area do say pedestrian first which is an important exhibit in such a single occupancy vehicle oriented town.

3 Likes

I agree with you very much!

1 Like

We could start a new post with that statement…but I think I’ll stick with:

Raleigh makes me happy and proud because… :sun_with_face::rainbow:

5 Likes

You will have to zoom in to the upper left part of the building to see it but they have started installing windows on the top floor. Also, they are now installing windows on the lobby level.

24 Likes

This makes me sad… Cuz I’ve enjoyed watching it go up :joy:

8 Likes