FNB Tower (Charter Square)

Great picture, thank you!
I hope that they are able to bring back ice skating…:grinning:

4 Likes

Yeah, bring back the ice skating!!!

6 Likes

It does look like a perfect place for performances on a stage at the back. Intimate and contained, but still directly open the largeness of the plaza.

3 Likes

I remember at one time when City Plaza was being proposed, the wall of the first iteration of Charter Square had movies being projected on the wall.

3 Likes

They can have weekly evening films outside during warm weather, and use the plaza for ice skating in the Winter.

5 Likes

I think that might’ve been the Edison rendering that had the huge screen? Early Charter Square renderings had a news station studio on the 2nd floor overlooking the plaza.

1 Like

city-plaza-65

9 Likes

Oh yes yes, I remember that one now! Would’ve been a great feature. Thanks!

1 Like

Rocky IV on the big screen.

2 Likes

27 Likes

That’s a great angle for FNB. Thanks Leo.

6 Likes

It really is! Actually looks like a city too! :grin:

3 Likes

Anyone know if there are any plans in the works for the parking lot? A building there would really fill out the skyline to the east.

1 Like

Being discussed here but so far, no.

Hey thanks Leo. I saw that thread after I posted.

Still working away at the main entrance (and the former ice skating rink).

15 Likes

I like the recessed ground floor design. More and more the Budget Airport Hotel across the street will look out of place.

5 Likes

I’m at risk of telling a story that everyone knows but I’ve heard that the request was to show “hockey” on the screen in that image but was heard as “Rocky”.

3 Likes

Artificial Turf!!! Maybe half the skating rink will return…

11 Likes

I think that the skating rink should move to the plaza on West in front of Union Station.

13 Likes