Food Halls and Grocery Stores in downtown Raleigh

Yeah!

“A third stall tucked around the corner will make way for guests to enjoy a speakeasy experience boasting a globetrotting bar menu that will range from sake cocktails to Japanese Whiskey Old Fashioneds and Mezcal Margaritas.”

I’m there!

11 Likes

Every single thing is right on target for me. So excited.

1 Like

It would be great if there were a Lidl, Neighborhood Walmart, and Aldi in downtown. The Aldi and Neighborhood Walmart could be along the New Bern Corridor and Lidl could be in the Fayetteville st. district (included in tower 2 next to the future Omni).

1 Like

Those all seem too poor. I want only Gucci stores on every corner.

4 Likes

I’m thinking Trader Joe’s, though I’m also a big Aldi and Lidl fanboy.

1 Like

Trader Joe’s only likes to be in certain neighborhoods…

Did you know that Trader Joe’s is the other Aldi brother’s chain? I thought that was interesting.

1 Like

Yes I did know that.

Yatai looks close to opening!

25 Likes

Appears to be even closer now. Looks like they’re doing training.

19 Likes

Didn’t realize that Fonda Lupita would be included in this outpost!

1 Like

New story from Yatai on Instagram. Special pre-opening event? Either way, signs are looking good for opening later this month. Looking forward to it.

5 Likes

They were soft open this weekend. Had a partial menu and kind of a skeleton staff. Said they’d be opening other parts to the project in the coming days.

8 Likes

Nice. Stopped in for lunch today. FOH staff said sushi should be open this week.

Edit: quesabirria was fire

14 Likes

Is this a normal Quesabirria or is there an Asian influence? It looks great

Far as I can tell none of the tacos are fusion dishes. Just the ramen.

Apparently, the sale of the empty Saxapahaw lot next to Transfer finally went through, although the county’s website information hasn’t been updated yet.

His intentions are to rezone the property higher but is very nervous of being denied 9 months later because neighbors 300 yards away will pull the rug out from underneath because… they might see a tall building.

He is carefully watching the New Bern TOD rezoning and will decide what to do after that. Just look at the conditions handcuffed to the hotel on Blount, they had to give the Masonic temple $750k to continue.

9 Likes

Multifamily townhomes? :pray:t4:

The Linc is the tallest thing around (a couple blocks either way) at 4 stories, right…? This site is .38 acres, feels like 5 is a reasonable max here - maybe two floors of commercial and living (or a funky hotel) in the 3 stories above?
Certainly someone with enough money to wait it out could push for more, but yeah, feels like a protracted exercise…

1 Like

That’s the case, the current council makes him nervous, it’s hard to justify the West rezoning disaster to developers. On paper that should have had zero problem getting approved, and if anything was contrary to the city’s own UDO.

2 Likes