General Retail/Restaurant News

I saw this a couple days ago too. R&D brewing is making a specific Dreamville beer for the festival too.

Raleigh brewer unveils special beer made exclusively for Dreamville festival - ABC11 Raleigh-Durham

16 Likes

Dreamsicle… honestly they sold me. I wanna try.

1 Like

They even got the right emoji on the label! :face_vomiting:
I kid, and I’m happy for the collab, but could we stop calling all this candy flavored alcohol “beer?” Just call it hard lemonade or something.

1 Like

Infinitely Crushable for all the Kool Croc kids…

3 Likes

Look out, that’s like half of Funguys’ business model. Sickly sweet to me, but they definitely have their fans even among beer snobs.

Oh yes, don’t I know it. Lol. Doesn’t matter to me what people like to drink, but calling a sweet orange creamsicle alcohol beverage beer is like calling grape moonshine a fine scotch.

:grin:

1 Like

Are you smack talking good ol johnny bootlegger? Better back down lest youre seeking trouble

1 Like

The article states their taproom will have a launch party this weekend so I’m sure everyone can give their $0.02 after trying some. Should be a perfect weather weekend for chillin at a brewery IMO

EDIT Never mind I can’t read, it says next week not weekend. Either way, my statement on the breweries remains strong lol

2 Likes

Probably the previous Bishops salon space that has been empty for a few years. It’s the only other finished empty space in that area. The other empty spaces are unfinished.

1 Like

It says it’s a cream ale. Where do you get candy flavor?

1 Like

Right lmao - cream ale with NOTES of vanilla and mango… which means nothing. Anytime I read a beer label that says “notes of” something - it always just … tastes like. … beer to me.

2 Likes

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2023/03/24/seaboard-development-reveals-new-retail-tenants.html

Seaboard signed three tenants, two of which are new. Biscuit Belly and The Yard Milkshake Bar are the new ones. Eye Institute will be leasing space twice as large as their current office.

10 Likes

Yep, ‘first in Raleigh’ concepts from elsewhere fit Hoffman’s mold…

5 Likes

IMO, this is exactly what DTR needs right now to draw in more visitors. Our share of local businesses downtown is high enough as-is, and chains that already exist elsewhere in Raleigh (although still needed) won’t necessarily bring in the number of visitors to DTR that a new chain would.

6 Likes

Nice, I was in Louisville recently and ate at the Biscuit Belly there - it was pretty tasty. Not as good as Biscuit Head in Asheville, but good nonetheless.

2 Likes

Yeah, BiscuitHead would set a nice bar or Pine State from PDX…
Rolling concepts in from outside, but somewhat adjacent to the region is the approach I expected from Hoffman here at Seaboard and at Union Station, honestly.
Haven’t been to a Biscuit Belly. Hope they do well.

3 Likes

Psh we already have our own Pine State! And you can get some running shoes at the same time.

3 Likes

Yeah but if you’d had those biscuits from PDX - you’d know…
They’re Kakalaky folx, bringing that good good to the PNW.

2 Likes

21 posts were split to a new topic: Large Events and Festivals

I think so too, but there was also a hockey game tonight as well which took up a lot of parking spots. According to ESPN, PNC was at full capacity.

1 Like