Glenwood South Restaurant/Bar Renovations

From @OakCityDylan’s previous 360 view, it looked like the Line was farther from the deck than it must be. It might just be the trees blocking the lower part of the deck.

What the trees are blocking is the West parking deck. At ground level is where Mirage night club, most recently West Social club was. It’s going to be (if plans are still progressing) a doggie day-care/bar eventually. The northern most of that building is neck and neck with The Line construction.

1 Like

7 Likes

Ok, that makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification! I actually really like how that transition turned out on ground level.

Has Kane given The West any indication that he’s going to zhuze up that south facing wall of his parking garage at SH2?

1 Like

I asked a couple of weeks ago and the response was, “will let you know when we hear something”.
:man_shrugging:t3:

I guess that they have the designers working on something?

That’s to be assumed. I’m emailing/asking again.

Raleigh Beer Garden posted a picture of their new back patio area, I might check this out tonight.
This space backed up to the new Flash House/Black Flower outdoor bar (The Patio? or something) will be a really nice open area to hangout outdoors.

15 Likes

Might head over there as well. LOVE IT!

3 Likes

Agreed. Looks like they have done a great job with the space

1 Like

Is it table service out there now?

And very social distancing-friendly!

I figured this is within the Glenwood South area so I decided to post it here. It appears plans for the new restaurant next to Char-grill have been posted. The scale of the construction is relatively limited and described as “Demolition of existing parking area and driveways. Construction of a building addition, planting area, and amenities. The building use is a restaurant with a gross area of 3,057”

16 Likes

I love that they’re reusing the building structure. It would have been cool to have this and D&D across the street at the same time.

:frowning_face:

6 Likes

What’s up with the bathrooms? Those side 2 are accessible from the outside?!?

With the sea of empty space left over from removing the pumps and only providing 5 parking spaces it appears they are creating a large outdoor space for seating, so I’m guessing customers wouldn’t need to enter the restaurant. It also looks like they are building a 24 inch decorative fence surrounding the front and sides of the property. I attached the plans for the outdoor space as well as the key to help identify where they are putting each item.

The more that I look at the plans the landscaping is going to be pretty involved. It appears they are lining basically the entire property on the Hillsborough St and Boylan St with a planting bed which will then be enclosed inside the 24 inch decorative metal fence. The two large Tetris looking pieces will also be planting beds. I wish they provided a 3d rendering, I’m now the most excited about their landscaping.

6 Likes

Perfect for the next 5 years of mandatory maximum capacity indoors

1 Like

Wish they leave the canopy and go nuts with landscaping around the border for some street side courtyard alfresco dining…

2 Likes

It appears there will be landscaping around the entire perimeter facing Hillsborough St and Boylan St. with a decorative metal fence enclosing it. I really wish they provided a 3D rendering of the landscaping, either way should be a huge improvement than before.

3 Likes