Glenwood South Restaurant/Bar Renovations

It’s probably the most successful business on Glenwood South. I don’t see why they would go away.

2 Likes

Are they stacking more fake rocks on the roof? :man_facepalming:t3:

From our hotel lobby uptown Charlotte

4 Likes

They make a good point. Gold’s Gym is an addictive chemical…

4 Likes

Clearly our Tin Roof outlet is head and shoulders above Charlotte’s!

10 Likes

I would argue and say Ale House, Milk Bar, Beer Garden, Cupcake shop, Hibernian, Sushi O, Sushi Blues, probably all do better… but hey… what do I know?? We need to get rid of those dumps called cornerstone and bring in something at least somewhat decent

I know you don’t like Cornerstone(also not my type of bar). But have you walked by it Thursday-Sunday after 10pm? It is shoulder to shoulder packed every weekend. Unless the land gets sold, it is not going anywhere.

1 Like

@JKK - yes, I unfortunately agree

If the group that run the Cornerstone complex owns those properties, it’s just a matter of time before something happens to them because they are zoned for so much more than what’s there now.

1 Like

The land under all three “Cornerstones” are not owned by the business, e.g. 2 of the 3 are owned by Blue Ridge Realty. So yes, it’s just a matter of time, as the land is zoned for up to 7 stories.

I don’t think we have enough money to buy the properties and replace them… :sob:

Looks like an opening for Tin Roof is right around the corner! I wonder if the patio area in the original plans (where Devolve was) is part of a phase 2 or were scrapped?

https://www.tinroofraleigh.com/calendar

1 Like

I believe the patio area you are referring to was associated with the adjacent building (different business owner), where the former Devolve space would become a bar, and the former Vickers & Ruth building would be taken down to create an outside patio for the bar.

However, as the bar/patio plan has not moved forward, the owners may have changed their mind.

3 Likes

12 Likes

The big question here is whether or not that’s a real tin roof. I’m thinking just standing seam metal. LIARS!!!

3 Likes

Saw your picture featured on Facebook too. You’ve finally made it big!

1 Like

Eh? It was? Can you link me? Wasn’t aware. Lol

Lol that’s funny. They did try to give you credit!

2 Likes

Ah! Lol
Good stuff in less than 29 characters.

2 Likes

I went to a DRA tour of Tin Roof this afternoon. The decor reminds me of a mashup of two former Glenwood South establishments: Hard Times Cafe and The Diner.

They’re planning to have live music seven days a week. Full restaurant and there are three bars (one downstairs, two upstairs). The downstairs has a large main seating area and the stage is toward the back. Did you know this building has a basement? It does, and that’s where the kitchen is!

They plan to officially open tomorrow at 8.

12 Likes