Highwoods in Raleigh

Looks like Highwoods is all in on Nashville.

2 Likes

I may be wrong but I seems to recall that a lot of the Nashville building is for Amazon. So kind of a special case.

2 Likes

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or has the Edge styling/design turned into what 121 Fayetteville was supposed to be? I don’t think I’ve seen the Edge styled like that one before.

Maaaaaan, they’ve put out SO many B.S. renderings of that “building” you can just ignore 100% of them. None of them are getting built so long as Plywoods owns the lot.

4 Likes

Highwoods has sold its Raleigh HQ and another small office building to local businessman Dean Debnam for $35.5M.

It isn’t clear if they will relocate their HQ. Best case scenario is that they anchor a new building on Hargett, but I’m not holding my breath.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2021/12/07/debnam-buys-highwoods-properties-headquarters.html

6 Likes

I think Highwoods only had their offices on maybe 2 or 3 of the floors.

1 Like

Eh maybe they plan to occupy one of their future projects in downtown.

1 Like

Perhaps a shipping container in the middle of one of their infamous parking lots?

8 Likes

Highwoods is moving its HQ downtown!

I would have lost a bet, I thought they would go to glenlake.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2022/02/18/highwoods-properties-lands-new-headquarters-space.html

15 Likes

A Highwoods ThumbsUP…Quite the rarity indeed…

2 Likes

Article states there were limited options as all the office space in their portfolio was leased - they would certainly have more if they started building on all the land they have.

12 Likes

Good news, yes! But going into an existing building is simply cheating! :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

No wonder they cancelled 121 Fayetteville. Didn’t want to block their future view!

8 Likes

Hopefully being right there in downtown will motivate them to develop some of those gravel lots!

11 Likes

Agreed 100%. The wife and I went to Tonbo Ramen and walked to Bittersweet afterwards on Friday night. Honestly the lot the Edge is ‘supposed’ to go on sticks out like a sore thumb.

This would look perfectly fine on that gravel lot in my opinion.

3 Likes

Don’t get too attached to that rendering - it’s complete BS, and perhaps the 3rd or 4th render we’ve seen attached to this lot that has not and will not ever manifest so long as Highwoods holds onto the property.

Trust me I unfortunately know that. I was just broadcasting what they currently have on their Highwoods website.

I remember this one was rolled out previously:

3 Likes

And this was previous to that (and also was to take up both lots on either side of the parking deck) - instead we got Skyhouse, the empty lot next door, and the 5 story Edison apartment building on the other side of the deck…

6 Likes

My prediction: First Citizens Bank builds a new tower on the empty Wilmington Street lot OR they go to DT South as an anchor or perhaps the Warehouse District.

5 Likes

I would love nothing more… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

However, when they own all that land in NH’s and that is the area (NR) where most of their money is stashed/made, I wouldn’t put my hard earned money on that prediction!

5 Likes