John Chavis Memorial Park

Reminds me of the Blair Witch Project. :joy:

1 Like

I think you’re looking for Phase 2. If you find it post, that’s a good question. I will try and look later.

14 Likes

I like how the couples just swap places at night.

11 Likes

And the people with the two little kids managed to make it several hundred feet in a matter of hours.
Terrible rendering especially because no one is doing push-ups or parkour.
.5 out of 10 stars

8 Likes

It’s called social distancing…

3 Likes

Maybe the pictures were taken right before and during a solar eclipse?

4 Likes

Perhaps. If that’s the case then there’s the issue of the missing children. This rendering is getting good.
6 out of 10 stars.

6 Likes

I see at least one child looking to be holding the hands of his/her parents. And another child that looks to be maybe a teenager.

1 Like

but they are not looking up to see where the sun went

1 Like

The city has uploaded new pictures of the Chavis Park progress.

20 Likes

More progress on Chavis Park.

22 Likes

Update on Chavis.

And the money shot! :money_mouth_face:

28 Likes

Beautiful, the skyline is going to be huge in a few years :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Latest John Chavis Memorial Park update Jan 26th

20 Likes

Thanks for posting this @markymark, its looking great!
Raleigh is truly lucky to have such a great parks & rec system. Maybe not perfect, but heads and shoulders above everywhere else I’ve lived.

1 Like

Nice video. This is a great project that flies under the radar a bit. As shown in several posts above, Chavis has great views of downtown.

3 Likes

That’s beautiful, I love it.

1 Like

It really is quite impressive! Good thing that Chavis Heights was re-built across the street in a suburban model with lots of parking so that all the residents can drive over to the new park. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

New updated construction photos of Chavis Park renovations from Experience Raleigh.

29 Likes