Nash Square Apartments at Dawson/Martin

That is the only acceptable scale back. Pity it won’t happen.

1 Like

Wake County continues to add 20,000+ people every year. They have to go somewhere.

2 Likes

@John
Wouldn’t it be cool :sunglasses: to see or have a list of our CMSA counties with actual growth numbers per year? :wink::+1:t2::pray:

1 Like

They go to west Apex to get a whiff of clean Chatham County air.

1 Like

They get a whiff all right.

2 Likes

Apex and Holly Springs are…non-places…except the small downtown in Apex…

5 Likes

Hmmmm, someone drinking the haterade…. New towns, both developing attractively and more responsible than Raleigh has during the last 40 years. Sidewalks, smallerish residential lots (compared to most of Raleigh), Kinda offensive to any Apexer or Holly Springite.

I lived in Apex for about 9 or 10 years. No offense taken. The peak of good living isn’t for everyone (me included)

4 Likes

The Bleak of Good Living

1536 NC-55

3 Likes

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2023/10/22/apex-best-small-cities-towns-to-live-in-wallethub.html

Might need to escape from the echo chamber for a bit.

All in good fun, just differing opinions.
Notice the photo they used for “Apex”… I excluded DT Apex in the original comment, as it is actually a place worth investing in.

1 Like

So is Berkeley’s Cafe moving into the spot currently where Fiction Kitchen is located?

Yes. Reopening there early 2024.

The bigger question is whether the building displacing them is actually getting built. Haven’t heard a peep about it or demo permits for the Berkeley building even. Surely someone on here has a little :bird:

7 Likes

They’re probably waiting for the Chick-fil-A hotel to open and see how it goes, or they’re pivoting to apartments.
#speculation

2 Likes

It was supposed to be apartments! Hoping it never gets built so long as the 100 YEAR OLD Berkley building is preserved. Someone else can build whatever the hell they want on that HUGE plot without disturbing one of our few remaining historic/Old Raleigh buildings.

6 Likes

Amen, long live the Berkeley

1 Like

Yes, birdie recently said this is one of few developments still on that hasn’t started yet.

5 Likes

Even from South America you still got the scoop…

1 Like

Definitely closer to Cuba than Miami. :joy:

1 Like

When is they’re last day in that building.