Possible New Development Locations and Projects - Rezonings

Not a possible site, but I think this would be a beautiful design to potentially get in downtown somewhere. Saw some other designs in other cities and worked a little mock-up. I chose 852 feet in honor of the iconic 4th and final flight of the original Wright flyer, which flew 852 feet in 59 seconds. Would feature a large crown at the top as well as little gaps that can be used as outdoor spaces and would help bring the building higher.

9 Likes

JDavis Architects:

3 Likes

(that was sarcasm. It’s awful. I like the skinny profile though.)

I know, your advanced sarcasm was not lost on me.

And using this mix of renderings, this is one possible look

5 Likes

I dub this: “The Lipstick Building”

3 Likes

Well, Lipstick Building South at any rate!

2 Likes

“What if we made the building look less phallic and more like Johnny Bravo”

1 Like

These elements look like they were cobbled from Miami towers.
@852’, it would be slightly shorter than BofA tower in Charlotte.

2 Likes

I think Raleigh is competing against Charlotte

2 Likes

It’s actually primarily of a development in Vancouver. It would be just shy of the BoA in Charlotte but it’s a number of a significance and would at least be UP THERE (pun intended). If the city goes through and brings up the zoning limit, I can imagine we’ll get some towers up there

1 Like

Nice Vancouver style lol.

2 Likes

I actually guess it, before seeing this lol.

2 Likes

Well, the site is nearly completely cleared - just a big pile of wood to move out.

I think driving by it’s 3005 - 3013 Wade Ave.

2 Likes

Does anybody know if there’s any SOLID plans for this space to the north of RCC at all? This would be a great site for a potential 40-story development.

1 Like

The last plans for the Enterprise lot was a hotel. Not aware of any plans for the rest of the lot to the north.

Edit, I couldn’t find the ASR post but this may help:

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

Just a thought…

5 Likes

Hmm interesting, tunnel over the road you mean under it, this looks good don’t think parking could fit there though.

It theoretically could. Floor 1 could be the tunnel for the road with some retail areas, as well as the ramp to the deck. Floor 2 would have the train tunnel and second floor of retail. Floors above would be parking