Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

If anyone can get the details of where and when the Tecovas store will open in North Hills can you please post? It’s a story in TBJ.

Thanks!

1 Like

“Tecovas, a new-age retailer specializing in handmade cowboy boots, is opening in the Main District of Kane Realty’s North Hills, sources confirmed.”

“The Raleigh store will be located in the Commons area of the North Hills Main District, between Pieology and Chick-fil-A.”

It also implies sometime this year but doesn’t give an estimated opening date.

4 Likes

I really love the pair I got in Nashburgh this summer. That they serve beer while you shop is probably what lead to this long over due purchase. Boot wearing folks were few and far between in R’wood, my last visit, so it will be interesting to see how the shop does. One assumes store placement is partially driven by online sales.

1 Like

I just received a pair of Tecovas jeans on my doorstep. We’ll see if I like them!

3 Likes

Did a Target run just now - took a pic. Looks like Spring opening.

9 Likes

Just got this email from Coastal Credit Union. They had been planning an HQ tower on St. Albans before the pandemic, and that had been put on hold. It sounds like they’re renovating their current HQ location nearby there instead, now. I haven’t seen any renderings and don’t have a better description of what is being done. I’ll post an update if I find out.

We’re excited about building for the future. We have started a headquarters renovation project to create a work environment that will help us attract top talent, and support our work to enhance our member experience, and deliver on our Bank Better to Live Better mission for decades to come.

Because our building at 1000 St. Albans Dr. has become an active construction site, we will make the inside branch and lobby teller machine unavailable, starting March 1, 2023. We will return to full service with a newly-renovated branch when construction is complete in 2024.

10 Likes

Looks cooler in person, but always enjoy seeing the NH skyline from a distance.

Also Canes wrap looks nice.

34 Likes

Went to Target this morning, took these pics.

Im just amazed at how this project is moving along.I would guess that this project will be finished by late 2024 or 2025.

22 Likes

this is by far the best project north hills has come up with. High density infill and adding mixed use to an area that was essentially an outdoor mall. Not only that but the parking is going underground so there aren’t any 9 story podiums.

19 Likes

I’m reluctantly making this post, but Rush Hour 2’s opening was pushed back a 5th time to February 2nd.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnqNbZCrQWn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

9 Likes

It look lit… finally something to do for kids and teens young adults!

Just stumbled across a new(?) survey for that proposed bridge over I-440 at Midtown (or North Hills, or whatever we’re calling it these days). Looks like there are three proposed alternatives:

They’re also asking for input on the cross-sections (read: bike and ped options). This effort probably seems minor, but it ultimately determines how (and if) Midtown’s urbanization jumps the beltline. Check it out here for details and a link to the survey:

31 Likes

Yea they sent out a rezoning notification to our townhome in that area on Browning. The meeting is tonight actually at 7pm, I don’t think I’ll be able to make it though. But conversations I have herd from some of the other owners in the complex, they aren’t too wild about it. I guess this is what “Special Highway Overlay District” means?

2 Likes

I’m not surprised that the existing building owners aren’t too happy (let alone the residents, I assume, who we haven’t heard from yet).

I think an urbanized Midtown (greater North Hills area) that has plenty of pedestrian-friendly crossings of 440 is exactly what we need! But even then, do we have to tear down the apartments on Quail Hollow Dr.? Options 2 or 3 seem better for minimizing the amount of teardowns needed, but even still, I’m having a hard time believing that they couldn’t come up with anything else good.

5 Likes

Everyone in the area wants an easier means across 440, but at what cost with hundreds of new drivers flying through a residential area looking for a shortcut.

I think those apartments on Quail Hollow are being demolished. But I could be mistaken.

3 Likes

The owner is attempting to rezone the property and the subtext is that they or a buyer would tear down the car costing apartments and build something else, presumably something that would communicate with Midtown Exchange

*correction: it has been rezoned to CX20

5 Likes

I don’t see how these alignments would add any traffic at all to Browning. And the curved nature would keep speeds lower. Wake Towne area might have an argument but they could put calming devices if needed.

1 Like

The traffic concerns are something to think about, too. But I guess that’s where we should dive into the full report that’s on the website:

This report contained this table:

From a traffic perspective, Option 2 seems the best. Even though the roundabout may be awkward for pedestrians, I imagine it’d balance out with drivers being forced to slow down. This will especially be important, as this study’s kickoff meeting from last April included this slide of estimated traffic demand changes as a result of this bridge:

Seems like it. The report also mentions a proposed “Pointe at Midtown” concept with a change in road layouts that would allow for this bridge to happen.

11 Likes

Yeah, I think the roundabout would go a long way in reducing cut-through traffic. The mere perception of being forced to slow down would deter folks who like to speed through neighborhoods.

7 Likes

Of course I like the most expensive option.
:man_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes