Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

It’s a custom shadow maker.

1 Like

@John I know you love to walk and not drive. This event is perfect for you! :wink:

2 Likes

Current plan for that corner is hotel

Is 540 Fest kind of like 420 Fest?

3 Likes

Yes, but 120 later. Plus extra characters.

4 Likes

You can probably walk that stretch of 540 and still spend less time than driving the equivalent parallel route of TenTen Road. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Silly me for thinking this could be fun free thing to do with the fam. ~$50 per person. :-1: Ha, the tolls for cars won’t even be that much.

2 Likes

Honestly it sounds like an awful course for a 5k/10k. No matter how fast you are, on a bike or on foot, when the infrastructure is designed for 5000 pound machines moving at 80mph, it will feel like you are in slow motion. It will be hard to judge pace and distance with scenery designed to be experienced at much faster speed.

Road races on 45mph suburban roads are bad enough. But, to top it off, $50?

Hard pass.

9 Likes

540 was a mistake and I never intend to drive on it let alone pay $50 to walk to nowhere on it.

14 Likes

I’ll support my local businesses on their runs/rides right here in Raleigh. I’m not going to give the state money for this highway.

Also why is GoTriangle a sponsor? What a waste of money they are using from their budget.

1 Like

From TBJ:
Apple hits pause on massive Research Triangle campus

Summarized:

Apple has put plans for a massive campus in Research Triangle Park (RTP) on hold, impacting a significant economic development project in North Carolina. Initially announced over three years ago, the 3,000-job campus has seen no construction progress. Apple confirmed the delay and is working with North Carolina officials to extend the project timeline by four years. During this period, the company won’t collect state incentives but will continue hiring at interim sites in Cary and Durham. Despite the pause, Apple remains committed to the project, having added over 600 employees in Raleigh in the past three years. The initial investment plan included $1 billion over ten years, with $550 million for construction, aiming to create jobs with an average salary of $187,000 annually. The project was approved for up to $845.8 million in state incentives, contingent on meeting milestones. Local officials remain optimistic about the project’s future. The delay occurs alongside another stalled major project, VinFast’s 7,500-job factory in Chatham County.

2 Likes

I think Apple is awaiting the results of this election.

11 Likes

Does feel like a lot of investment in this state seems to be waiting on that. I think that guy’s gonna lose but the consequences of him winning are so severe… I would wait and see too if I were throwing around the big bucks.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be shocked to see a massive disinvestment in the state if he wins.

Perhaps its time to start looking for housing in points north, in states where the government isn’t openly hostile to their economic engines and the people who live there.

6 Likes

I was thinking the same thing!

1 Like

repeat after me Mark will not win NC governor, our state is way to smart to elect this man. You really think republicans in Wilmington wanna see a black in office think again son. He is not gonna win, black people I know are afraid of him, he’d be the first to betray us.

I sure hope you are right. But nothing surprises me anymore in the country or state.

7 Likes

No im serious look I know some people bigots may not like that Josh Stein is jewish thats expected and they don’t wanna vote for a black, but I also know black people would love to see a black governor but this guy is not it. And the fact that Robinson is winning polls on five thirty eight is extremely scary, like this man could not just effect Apple, he could hurt our MLB expansion team chances, or any chances of landing any more fortune 500s that token brotha is gonna kill it for black people in this country,

I’ll take it to he bank he won win. Same for the presidency i am extremely confident Biden wins re-election. There an app called polymarket where I bet on news events.

Can we please get back in topic?

6 Likes