Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

“The Autograph Collection, a luxury hotel line from Marriott, plans to put 193 hotel rooms (10 floors in total) in the Walter.”

Don’t know if this is changed, article from July 2018, but not a 5 star hotel. Still a nice one though.

2 Likes

https://travel.usnews.com/Hotels/North_Carolina-r81/
Of the 25 best hotels (according to this list), only 1 is in Raleigh and it’s the Renaissance in North Hills. Since it’s actually part of a Raleigh-area Mall Redevelopment, it brings the conversation back on topic.

3 Likes

I thought the Walter was now going to be all residential with no hotel.

N&O said a Marriott property. You can read other places that say all residential.

3 Likes

Is that a bit of deceptive advertising there? Won’t the distinction of the tallest residential address still be held by The Plaza at PNC?

Perhaps above sea level? PNC is 32 stories and this will be 35.

PNC has eleven floors of commercial space, with a much taller slab to slab distance than is provided in residential construction. Above sea level is an interesting metric to consider. After checking, it appears that PNC sits about 20 feet higher in elevation than NH East.
https://travel.usnews.com/Hotels/North_Carolina-r81/

PNC will be taller height wise AGL and ASL but Walter will be taller floor-count wise.

Understood, but floor count isn’t automatically height.

1 Like

Tell every news outlet that. :joy:

3 Likes

I let WRAL know about my 60 story Lego building. Tallest skyscraper in the Southeast!
:cityscape:

8 Likes

Pictures, or it didn’t happen.

4 Likes

Beat you, I build a 70 story building out of decking scraps. SO I have tallest building in SE. Let me keep cutting of deck boards and I may end of with 110 story one, tallest one on east coast… Would go higher but can not reach any higher and even the 70 story one may not be structurally sound. Ha WRAL you paying attention :grin:

3 Likes

It looks like all of The Walter’s building permits have been approved. I don’t know when they will be issued.

12 Likes

Are there any updates on the building at Crabtree?

It is still in the rezoning process. The owner has to respond to staff comments.

4 Likes

I don’t recall this being posted (apologies if I missed it), and I found it interesting.

A nice accounting of the history of North Hills, and a bit of its future.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2019/12/06/cover-story-decades-of-change-define-new-look-of.html

3 Likes

NH Midtown action: Marketing signs are down & new fence going up. Looks like The Walter is getting underway.

22 Likes

2020 is going to be a big year for Raleigh.

for sure, pretty much
35 story Walter Tower
20 story AAP HQ
19 story 301H Pendo HQ
18 story Cardinal residential
10 story 2Glenwood office
9 story Smokey 2 office
7 story Willard hotel
6 story Smokey 2 apartment
5 story Fairweather condo

really likely
9 story Nash hotel
20 story 301H hotel
20 story 301H residential

quite heavily maybe
20 story Nexus office
20 story 121 Fayetteville office

14 Likes

I don’t think 121 Fayetteville is 21 stories. I believe it is 30.

5 Likes