Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

While I was there on Saturday, it looked like they were almost finished, Also, on the website, they was talking of a 10 and 12 story mid rise on the property.

Westin construction tonight:

11 Likes

Itā€™s too bad because its the only venue that has the right capacity for so many bands. Iā€™ve been there twice (Coheed and Cambria and Lamb of God) and both shows were incredible but yeah - overpriced and terrible sound.

Developer showing plans for first building plans for St Adams project

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2020/08/12/raleigh-firm-unveils-first-tower-at-1-billion-pro.html?iana=hpmvp_trig_news_headline

MTX One, a 12-story Class A office tower, guess MTX One is name for building. Office and retail.

8 Likes

This is Midtown Exchange, right? The St Adams threw me off.

2 Likes

Yep guess should have said ā€œproject along east end of St Adams driveā€

1 Like

Snap shots from:

180ā€™ tall

15 Likes

St Albansā€¦? :innocent:

1 Like

Looks pretty neat. I like that the parking looks tucked behind the building rather than the podium style which seems all the rage these days. I wonder, will this be visible from downtown? 12 stories/180ā€™ will certainly clear the treeline, but that piece of land is lower than North Hills, if I am recalling my geography correctly.

1 Like

LOL I give up, not my day. Guess still shook up from earthquake Sunday and think I felt a small jolt about 15 min ago.

1 Like

With @OakCityDylanā€™s drones or @GucciLittlePenguinā€™s parking deck camera zoom views, Iā€™m sure it will be visible from downtown. For us mere mortalsā€¦ well, thereā€™s other stuff to look at downtown!
:smiley:

6 Likes

Is there any mention in the article as to when they might start construction?

E-mail I receivedā€¦

The Midtown-St. Albans Area Plan is in the final stages. We hope you will take a moment to review the project reports and check out our interactive map to see how the proposed changes may affect you.

Join us for a virtual ā€œAsk-A-Plannerā€ meeting on August 20 at 7 p.m. and talk to city planners about the project. Questions can be submitted beginning August 18 via email or voicemail. We look forward to hearing from you!

Have questions now?

Jason Hardin, AICP
Senior Planner
919-996-2657
jason.hardin@raleighnc.gov

8 Likes

I guess this means weā€™re not getting the interesting connected towers building.

It does appear to be the case, thatā€™s the Accenture building is behind the concept image. So I wonder why this was change and if they have a new render of the entire site?

Whereā€™d you see that? I didnā€™t see that on the plans

I just see it as they are building the two buildings in separate phases and not at the same time. The same thing was done with that building on six forks just north of north hills. The one with the curves.

3 Likes

You mean the picture? Itā€™s on this website: https://midtownexchangenc.com/

1 Like

Perhaps but it seems like youā€™d have to at least design the building with the connector in mind and that doesnā€™t seem to be the case with the plans posted above. The connector is integrated into the building.

Where you see the two story bump-out on the upper floors is where a connector could go. If they still plan to have one, the structure would be designed so that it could be added. You canā€™t have a connector until you build the second building.

2 Likes