Raleigh-area Mall / RTP Redevelopments

No, I was asking about where it says they are no longer building those towers in the plans because they most say that they are still building them :joy:

The connector is clearly in the drawing but not extended yet because it won’t be until both towers are completed

1 Like

That connector makes me think that it’s some kind of executive-level Habitrail.

2 Likes

Advance Auto Parts Tower @ North Hills

Dead Tree

Nail in tire

17 Likes

I guess this tower is “opening” soon! Too bad it won’t really be used for who knows how long.

1 Like

not sure if this is the proper thread, but it looks like HUB RTP is well underway. They were bulldozing old buildings and doing what looked to be site prep. RTP seems to be experiencing a renaissance of sorts!

17 Likes

The Walter is already 6 or so stories tall.

20 Likes

This thing is off and racing!

2 Likes

They should teach the 301 Hillsborough folks how to do it…

3 Likes

One thing you’ll notice is that the slabs for the residential floors are thinner than the parking deck slabs, and I wonder if that allows them to go faster for those floors. And Walter is all residential.

3 Likes

Absolutely, considering that concrete gets into place one crane lifted bucket at a time

2 Likes

Why aren’t they using a concrete pump?

14 Likes

Great minds think alike.

15 Likes

The Planning Commission was just talking about the Coastal Credit Union HQ project, and while I joined the meeting too late to hear everything they said, here’s a couple of things:

• residential uses would not be allowed as a condition provided by the applicant
• there are some stormwater issues around the site that affect neighboring residents, and the connection of Benson Dr. would exacerbate them, as well as increase traffic throughout the area
• Coastal went above and beyond with community engagement to address neighbors’ concerns, including meeting with and getting approval from the Atlantic CAC, which was nearby.
• everyone seemed very pleased with Coastal’s efforts and had a lot of trust in them as good neighbors
• Commission voted (I think) unanimously to approve the project

3 Likes

Where is this going? Is this the Alban St project?

It’s separate from the Dewitt Midtown exchange. It is going in the wooded area right near the existing Coastal Credit Union by St. Albans.

3 Likes

not sure where this should go, but i found a webcam link for the new HUB RTP development that’s currently under construction: http://webcampub.multivista.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=aPublicWebcam.page&WebcamPublicPageUID=F9FCDA4C-651A-4489-8BAE-EB1FC5B7AAD3

5 Likes

Are they posturing to NOT connect Benson Drive?? That connection has been in the comprehensive plan forever. That would make me mad.

I live near this area and there have been several nimby’s crusading against this on NextDoor and the entire Mid-town master plan in general about the typical nimy complaints.

1 Like