Raleigh In The News around the country/world

I’m not sure, I have a 3 source limit and if I see 3 different network on it I believe it.

1 Like

Pretty surprised by this, as I am most of these rankings. But pretty awesome to get this sort of recognition. Rolling Stone put Raleigh on its list of “The Best Music Scenes Right Now,” a collection of hot spots from across the country and the world. Support local music!
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article239951883.html

12 Likes

Raleigh with Durham picture. Article also mentions Duke.

10 Likes

I sent them a message letting them know their error. If I don’t help, I’m part of the problem. Lol

5 Likes

Just please tell me they didn’t commit the unforgivable sin of calling it Raleigh-Durham.

4 Likes

These lists are so interesting to me right now. They really do spread like wildfire. This is a common conversation I have with people:

Person: “Did you hear Raleigh made the top 10 list for _______?”
Me: “I did. Do you remember who made that list?”
Person: “No idea!”

I hate to be a debby downer, but I now consider this stuff click bait. :wink:

10 Likes

They’re 100% click bait just like those “Every State’s Favorite” search term on Thursday mornings, Halloween Candy, fried chicken restaurant etc maps you’ll see buzzing around twitter.

1 Like

what the hello is that picture they used???

Man they really “dug deep” on their research…

Guessing an entry level marketing associate put this together as busy work

Picture of downtown Durham from over the train tracks on the ATC side. Looks like it was taken from in front of this parking garage.

Doesn’t seem like necessarily a mistake, as the first sentence mentions Raleigh as part of RTP, and the second sentence pretty much treats Durham and Raleigh as all parts of the “Triangle area”.

They sort of did the same thing with Verona and Madison, WI. I don’t mind too much. These lists are pretty much just a starting place for people who are interested in relocating, and they may as well mention RTP and Durham, as we all benefit from each other’s upsides.

2 Likes

I’m going to start a “Who’s Who Among American Cites” publication and solicit $$$ from cities everywhere to list them in my book or magazine.

1 Like

Yes these best-of-list are sorry journalism and tailored for our short-attention-span social media consuming generation - but it’s a positive thing that Raleigh is mentioned in many of those :slight_smile:

They switched the pic out. Also lol at the median home price in Charlotte being listed as 729k. Someone didn’t proofread this.

much better then the blank brick wall of original.

I think it was my email to them. You’re welcome everyone! :rofl:

7 Likes

No Nashville or Austin; Dix Park made it into another separate article highlighting it as the “next Central Park”.

3 Likes

They copied and pasted the home price from Arlington, VA.

Here’s the write-up from Rolling Stone.

15 Likes

They fixed charlotte’s home price to 248,811.