Raleigh In The News around the country/world

Did all the NY’er get confined to Cary - :rofl:

4 Likes

I made it into Raleigh from NY (tho lived in MA for the 9 years prior to my move here)!

2 Likes

This article is about the number of DC based investors and developers who have expanded to the Carolinas in the past few years.

The article discusses several Carolina markets, and Raleigh is brought up several times. I used to live in DC and have definitely notice some cross-pollination between the areas.

11 Likes

DT Raleigh is going to be on quite a ride in the next decade, save for any national economic catastrophe. I think that these new developers are going to step up the city’s game. All this energy must be why Kane is taking the lead and getting his share before it becomes impossible for local developers to compete.

11 Likes

Forbes posted an article about NC’s beer scene, with a little piece about Crank Arm
" Add in great beer and a cool location in downtown Raleigh’s warehouse district, and you’ve got a winner."

7 Likes

Guess this goes here…

13 Likes

That was very recent. Good footage of FNB with its crown, and Smokey Hollow and the Block 83 area. The narrator even says ‘What I like about Raleigh is that’s it’s clean and not a lot of homeless on the streets’. lol!

3 Likes

I chuckled when he said that as he passed the cor museum where there’s like benches full of people

1 Like

So much missed in the commentary but like the idea. Just too much time between talking. I couldn’t make it past the warehouse district cause he didn’t turn up Martin. Lol

2 Likes

Yeah, like driving past at least two of AC’s restaurants and not mentioning them/her. Let the critiques begin.

1 Like

Absolute minimum number of stoplights reached. What kind of wizardry is this?

And how is parking easy? The lots where u have to get an app or whatever half the time don’t work, and it took me and my dad 20 minute to park for the Italian fest. We parked in Smokey hollow, the fest was on tucker st

Yep I also thought missed a lot of Downtown areas and needed to have a LOT MORE commentary of what was driving by, like Duke Center, Shaw University should have gotten mention. also skipped all the state gov complex. And while doing tour of Downtown I think Hillsborough and NCSU, and other collages should have been covered. But guess not a professional just someone that wanted to show Raleigh so can not be to hard on him.

I did like the intro coming into downtown from south.

2 Likes

I thought it was fascinating to see it from the eyes of someone not from here. Though in terms of missed opportunities, the globe at the Natural Science museum stuck out to me.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Raleigh beats out its most mentioned rivals: Austin (7th); Nashville (19th); Durham (25th); and Charlotte (30th).
I really think that the 2020s are going to be Raleigh’s breakthrough decade.

7 Likes

Except for that pesky economic slow down/recession…lower case “r”

It won’t last the entire decade.

1 Like

We hope…didn’t Japan have the “Lost Decade”? :wink:

Didn’t we? or nearly a decade of very slow growth - I guess Raleigh rebounded much faster, but a lot of the country was mired in slow to no growth from 2008-2016. Fingers crossed we don’t experience either Japan’s zombie economy or a lost decade.

3 Likes