Show Off Things From Other Cities

@OakCityKarla will be near there visiting her friend in less than a week!

1 Like

If she needs a carry-on, I can make myself available

This seems like a dream come true for some rich Chicago Cubs fan. House would be a complete teardown based on the listing pictures in the article though.

Home 300 feet from Wrigley Field up for sale (cbs17.com)

I saw on TBJ the connected two-building office project (tan brick, red brick in your picture) has all office fully leased already. 4 of the 6 ground floor retail spaces are leased as well.

The project, Rogers East and Rogers West, is currently under construction and is slated to open this fall. Office tenants supposed to be ready to move in by November.

The announced tenants are: Gentlemen’s Corner, an upscale men’s clothing boutique; Gail and Grace, a women’s clothing and accessory boutique; (in) tandem salon; and Sono Sushi (2nd location, original is on Fayetteville St).

3 Likes

Nashville’s city council finally approved the $2.1b deal for the new Titans stadium.

It looks nice, but also a bit like someone took a North Hills office building and inflated it like a balloon

https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1651179635202203652

FuoyPVoWwAIqwKe

3 Likes

That looks infinity times better than our ugly PNC Arena though.

1 Like

$1.26B in public funding. More than 2x the highest ever total before that. Wild.

3 Likes

Well they are about to redo it, thank goodness. Much as the early-2000s time portal vibe is weirdly nostalgia-inducing.

Also, as the Oilers were the first sports team to be yanked away from me as a kid, I will always jab at the Titans when I have the chance. Professional sports are a heartless business.

2 Likes

Ah yes, the time-honored tradition of gorgeous artist’s renderings depicting how the glorious new football stadium will appear … nine days a year.

Santiago Chile as seen from Cerro San Cristobal. The foothills of the Andes Mountains are (kinda) visible in the background.

The view from the top of Gran Torre Santiago: Tallest building in South America. 980’, 62 stories.

La Moneda Palace, the Presidential residence.

18 Likes

Man, I am envious of your south america trip. Chile may be our next stop when we go down to SA again.

4 Likes

It’s an interesting place. Dogs everywhere, food is good, a little seedier than Buenos Aires, but not as crowded. Made some friends, had some good beers. I’d recommend. Keep your head on a swivel while riding the metro.

1 Like

Well, Raleigh is not alone in this development struggle Austin won’t be beating Houston in Towers.

3 Likes

Downtown Cary Park from the sky.

19 Likes

Look at that bike infrastructure!

St Petersburg, FL. Dali Museum. Our museum game is strong, but this was very enjoyable

15 Likes

They did a “how did they build that?” episode on this museum. Looks awesome. Enjoy.

2 Likes

We love that show. Gonna have to find that episode and check it out

2 Likes

Made some new friends and got the VIP tour!
This is their antique pumper from 1873 on display in the station.

I like the green!

This is the tallest ladder truck in South America with a reach of 55 meters, or 180 feet. For reference, most US ladder trucks are 103-110 feet. They call it “Hulk.”

I think I can see Raleigh from here.

14 Likes

Sorry for blowing up the thread. Here’s a few from Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay. I’m done now, I promise! Not much going on there in the way of urban development, which is a nice change from Buenos Aires and Santiago. It’s mostly a chill town on the Rio Plata with cobblestone streets, golf cart rentals, and an old fort & lighthouse that’s now a UNESCO world heritage site. It’s an hour ferry ride from BA. I could friggin’ live here. This place is incredible.

27 Likes

Don’t apologize. I’d love to visit all of these places and this is awesome

6 Likes