Show Off Things From Other Cities

Greetings from the Superstition Mountains in Arizona. :cactus: :scorpion: :desert:

31 Likes

Now THESE are my kinda photos!!! GORGEOUS

3 Likes

I’m not happy with how any of these turned out. The drone camera decided it only wanted to shoot panoramics instead of normal 4:3 so I mostly shot video. I should have some better pics once I go through it all next week.

Griffith Park Obervatory

MacArthur Park/Downtown

If you’ve ever wondered what all the circled numbers mean on the roofs of LA highrises, it’s the weight limit for helicopters in thousands of pounds. This roof is rated for 12,000lbs.

20 Likes

Beautiful. I’m jealous of Cary, they’ve built an absolute beautiful park it seems like. Excited to check it out once opened.

18 Likes

Vicious Fishes just opened down the road today, and South Line Brewing is opening next door in the next couple weeks. Between this and the park, it’s gonna be quite the fall for downtown Cary.

6 Likes

Speaking of Vicious Fishes…

8 Likes

Ahhh, civilized. Relaxing like a park should be.

4 Likes

Hey I’m there too!

10 Likes

Went to Charlotte for a chess tournament. Figured I’d take Mrs. Vatnos on a tour of the big city. South End and Camp North End both has festivals going on. Impressive stuff.

26 Likes

Camp South End is legitimately such a cool area. I honestly think Charlotte gets a lot of hate (some deserved) but is actually becoming a cool ass city, in its own right.

3 Likes

A city’s perception often lags where it is. Charlotte was a boring, culturally sterile, corporate banking hub in the 90s. I can’t say that now. I think the quality of the urban spaces they have created in South End, NoDa, and Camp North End is spot on. Especially in South End… the improvement over time has been vast and I am excited about the scale of projects they have planned for the area.

What is the takeaway for Raleigh? Raleigh is in the process of buildings its own urban ‘archipelago’ of neighborhoods but the big thing missing compared to Charlotte is dedicated transit.

BRT and greenway connections between NCSU, Dix Park, Downtown, Ironworks, and Midtown should be a high priority.

23 Likes

Raleigh need a stadium Raleigh need bus rapid transit center with trían an is own 60 stories or taller building

1 Like

Greenville, SC a few weekends ago had these out and they were not joking around with enforcement.

15 Likes

When crossing the Julia Tuttle Causeway into Miami Beach from Miami, one is greeted by a giant electronics sign that tells drivers that the noise ordinances will be enforced. Can Raleigh please just start with something like this and remove these cycles and cars that can be heard from a half a mile away?

4 Likes

More details about the Greenville noise ordinance and link to the existing verbiage

Speaking of Charlotte, just read that Mr Beast and the Charlotte Hornets have entered into a sponsorship agreement. His logo will be on their jerseys now. I knew he was big but didn’t realize he had over 350 million followers on all his platforms.

Hornets launch jersey-patch deal with influencer MrBeast - ESPN

5 Likes

Just for fun.

The McFly House from Back to the Future. Great Scott!

9303 Roslyndale Avenue, Pacoima CA 91331

MartysHouse-early(smaller)

12 Likes

If you live there and you’re not driving an '85 Toyota SR5, you’re doing it wrong.

3 Likes

Revved up motorheads buzzed Red Hat during Molly Tuttle’s performance Saturday night. Disturbing thousands - relaxing, listening to music; is a product of one+ disturbed individual.
Police everywhere. Other fish to fry, I guess.

I was driving a 2012 Tacoma. It’s my California beater. Close enough!

2 Likes