Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

As I recall, this is a pretty twisty and very narrow road through Cameron Park, with parking on at least one side - it was great on my moped back in the day - I dated a girl and went to church in that 'hood, so I rode through the area a lot. Great for bikes and such, but a lot of traffic would be a nightmare. But that was back when seat belts were optional and people still smoked indoors. :older_man:

Johnson basically runs parallel to Peace until it ends in a hockey stick sort of curve to meet where Peace turns into Clark, and Johnson turns into Smallwood. It’s pretty flat and not curvy at all. The only real barriers are the stop signs.

1 Like

Fair. It is a pretty sweet curve/hockey stick, so not curvy but not straight either. And it is narrow. That’s a tight hockey stick, especially if you’ve got a lot of traffic. The road falls off pretty steeply down to the creek right there as I recall, this not a road that can be widen.

Anyone know if this is open for tours yet? Asking for a friend :shushing_face:

1 Like

They’re pre-leasing apartments and 95% sure they’re doing tours of Phase 1 “The Peace” apartments.

Yes, it’s pretty narrow for sure, but Waze doesn’t care about such things. They only care about time to travel. As for the curve, it’s really only at the very western end. Other than that, Johnson is pretty flat and straight as it follows the the source of Pigeon House Branch creek to CV.
I actually use Johnson to walk to CV because it’s flat, quiet, and way more pleasant than walking along Peace.

1 Like

Peekaboo! I see you!
:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil:

10 Likes

Say goodbye to the rest of that view :man_facepalming:

Not seeing Glenwood Towers might be a positive :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

We’ll basically lose visibility to the 510 Glenwood parking garage (no loss there) and the backside of the 510 Glenwood residences.

Friday update …

16 Likes

The american flag to the right of the parking deck is new, right? I just noticed it at noon.

2 Likes

JK better hurry up with renderings for SH3…almost finished! Thank you! :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Yes, Tuesday I think.

1 Like

For real cause they had a previous flag in the past…

1 Like

They had one on the office bldg but not parking deck. There is still one on phase 1.

1 Like

I’m always glad when they put up flags in case I forget what country we live in :us::statue_of_liberty::us:

10 Likes

God that flag is so beautiful. So great full to be an American.

7 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: City of Raleigh Flag

Friday update. Notice three flags now.

15 Likes