Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

That is a lot of retail space. If he can pull off having 90% of the space lease at opening, then he is truly the David Copperfield of development

1 Like

This is my concern about Kane’s other developments in North Hills. There is already so much empty space that’s been empty for a long time. I also think a lot of people will be working remotely and that companies will want to hire people who work remotely so they can pull from talent all over the country without having to relocate and rent office space. Time will tell, I guess.

28 Likes

A really good picture, thank you!

It does kind of look like a shorter version of the office buildings located at the corner of Six Forks and Strickland road in North Raleigh…Lol

2 Likes

hahaha yup!! I am on a high floor so I see that first :). Looks good!

The orange really grew on me, it gives the area a distinctive flavor…

3 Likes

a lot of those building are starting to look alike, if we’re honest…the new design models basically

2 Likes

Basically all of Paris looks alike. It’s older, and it’s France, which makes it seem somehow more magical to our eye, but every building is basically a copy of every other building.

Relative sameness of architecture is the historical norm across millennia of human urban history. Economies of scale really do matter!

Move along.

11 Likes

I like the color scheme here! :grinning:

34 Likes

I’ve been living at The Line for over a month now and absolutely love it! Best apartment complex I’ve lived in.

My leasing guy told us the hollow is opening up in a couple of weeks. The first 2 retailers are expected to open mid summer, he wasn’t allowed to share who, but announcement will be coming soon.

Also they just hit 100 apartments rented here this week. They’re moving quick.

34 Likes

So good to read something positive.

12 Likes

I’ve been told by several people there are no retailers signed up for SmoHo so that’s really good to hear!

2 Likes

No retailers? That sounds concerning, right?

he’s saying he had heard that there were no retailers signed up but is happy to hear that is untrue, in response to @Deekay93 “The first 2 retailers are expected to open mid summer, he wasn’t allowed to share who, but announcement will be coming soon”

10 Likes

Oh whew…darn my reading comprehension skills!

Smoky Hollow sign started getting installed on Thursday. Slightly disappointed they’re not putting “Smoky Hollow” on top of the building, think it would of looked better. Still excited to see this area get branded. Hopefully the retail area fills up quickly over the next year or so!

11 Likes

If the W is the end of an equally spaced sign across that orange truss, it’s hard for me to imagine that there’s enough space to write Smoky Hollow.

1 Like

It may be “The Hollow”.

5 Likes

Oh come on guys. It’s going to fit. :wink:

3 Likes

I actually wrote that in my original response, but I went back and edited that out for suspense. LOL

1 Like