Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

Almost done. Can’t wait for this to fill up.

31 Likes

Hopefully wants they are finish with the finishing touches of the line, they immediately start on the 40 story phase part of this project. I want to see some more Vertical bliss in Downtown Raleigh. This project has been my favorite. :blush:

22 Likes

You must have been reading a lot of this forum as that’s the kind of first post to get you a lot of friends and likes! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the DTR Community, @Chat_curieux!

9 Likes

Speaking of the 40 story phase- has there been any sort of hint toward the timeline or actual design of that ?

Thank you I have actually been reading these forums for almost 2 years now. I just finally decided to make an account so I can like people’s ideas and pictures of places

27 Likes

No, not yet. Kane has a lot of projects going on right now so it might be a while.

1 Like

Those trees are being strangled to death in those small spots :man_facepalming:t4:

I’m a little partial to the NH demo and reconstruction of the JC Penny’s area. I live semiclose(ish) and my twins go to Carroll, so I get to see the progress at NH when I take them to school every morning. I would love to see SH Phase III get rolling, but right now I think we will have a better finished product if we are patient and see how our new normal looks before Kane digs into Phase III.

4 Likes

Yeah, those landscaping type trees are absolutely ridiculous. But who wants to plant an oak tree which over time will destroy the road and sidewalk? :thinking:

2 Likes

Any updates on how that sign is going?

Still just the single letter

1 Like

They put it on
Contractor scratches head “umm that’s not gonna fit”

6 Likes

I hope that’s the case and they go back to the renderings where they had Smoky Hollow on top of the building :joy:

5 Likes

This reminds me of the “Pubilx” signage originally installed in SH…

19 Likes

Wasn’t sure where to post this. But I believe under 400 West they’re doing a dog bar/dog hotel, which was mentioned on here before. They had the doors open in the proposed spot, it looks like they’re making progress on the space.

6 Likes

According to RalToday they’re slated to open later this summer

1 Like

Twas reported over on the West St. Corridor thread.

3 Likes

https://citygreen.com/blog/how-to-grow-trees-successfully-on-the-street/ This is the proper way to plant trees in an urban environment. Oak trees included :man_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

Smoky hollow seems like a good place to host Halloween events and festivals in the courtyard. The colors and the name just gives me that vibe. I think that its cool districts are getting renamed and themed aswell. They could have so much fun hosting different things there Fall festivals

12 Likes

More Halloween events and decorations in the city, IN GENERAL, PLEASE!!! As a child of Upstate NY, that’s the biggest difference that I don’t like about the south, is the lack of Halloween. Sure we have plenty of good large-scale haunts around the state, but I’m specifically talking about the backyard/garage homemade haunts, the neighborhood streets lined with Halloween decorations, houses seemingly competing with each other over who has the scarier house, Halloween events in parks, neighborhoods, etc. Raleigh pretty much just has the Oakwood house (and quite a few houses in Oakwood that decorate, in all fairness) but I just want more more more!!!

7 Likes