Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

Somebody pulled out a giant eraser and is starting over…:upside_down_face:

I’m guessing the rain actually did mess it up.

10 Likes

OMFG hahahahaha… between this, the Powerhouse parking deck, and the Peace St bridge… GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER, RALEIGH!!! :rofl:

3 Likes

Lol. The giant eraser is being used a lot around downtown lately. One of the murals next to Blowfish on Glenwood got erased. Also are 400H parking garage. I liked what they started off with, hope to see that abstract design come to life.

1 Like

Kane decided we couldn’t have a colorful wall and we will be going back to bare concrete /s

5 Likes

We’ve got paint again

20 Likes

Good timing. It’s supposed to storm again this afternoon! :joy:

4 Likes

I’d also like to point out that I love how the ivy wall has turned out. Would like to see more ivy walls around downtown, especially in our newer projects.

19 Likes

What I’ve come to realize about the ivey and creeping fig is that it looks like it’s supposed to actually encompass the parking deck screening as well! That will look super cool!

11 Likes

They clearly painted the Midwood Smokehouse windows black to keep out any DTR snoopers.

16 Likes

And there’s a magical forcefield that prevents you from poking your head inside the doors that are left open all day long…
:rofl:

5 Likes

Just stuck my head inside, framing and electrical are already up.

7 Likes

Forcefield must be down.

6 Likes

J. Lights Cafe is shooting for a late summer opening

17 Likes

To dovetail on that: :dove:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cf9O8xGDc2p/?igshid=NmZiMzY2Mjc=

7 Likes

Good for him, seems like a good dude. Hats off for adding a second location during Covid, not sure I’ve got the stones to have tried it.

4 Likes

I have never heard that expression :wink:

1 Like

That’s the video where I got my info. Was just too lazy to post the link. Thank you! :joy:

1 Like

Thank you, Dylan :+1:

Any NON-instagram links by chance for those NON-instagram users like me?

Painting every flat structure or parking deck is going to start looking weird/obvnoxious… people always overdo this stuff.

Put lights on it, creatively cover it, put metal structures, paint it a flat color for each floor. Not everything needs to be some mural… at some point a regular concrete parking deck is going to look “cool” because it’ll be so rare… we’ll be wanting to preserve Raleigh’s most authentic deck when someone wants to tear it down for a DX-40…

1 Like

Completely disagree. We have tons of blank walls and unadorned parking decks. The few murals we have are different from one another. I am happy to see more of them everywhere. I’m sorry they look weird or obnoxious to you, but I’d suggest you direct your gaze to the dozens of blocks of monotonous surfaces for the rest of the buildings downtown.

d2cd30be6d09e1b66bf5a9eea1f6390490d1c2cc_2_1378x630

18 Likes