Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

That’s correct. Kane Residential took over SkyHouse as of about 2 months ago.

1 Like

But just property Mgmt, correct?

1 Like

I’m actually not sure about that. At least Prop. Mgmt.

I was looking at the 9 story office tower in Phase 2, trying to like it. It seemed a bit too forced-industrial. But in this view it looks pretty good.

A nice notable in the marketing brochure was the highlighting of ground level retail in all buildings in Phase 2, including the 6 story residential buildings.

I’m also hoping the Phase 1 parking garage gets the exterior treatment as shown in the render. That really dresses it up. Too bad they couldn’t wrap it with apartments but I guess the space couldn’t handle it. It’s great that this all comes on line next year!

11 Likes

I don’t understand why he won’t just spend a little more money and put some kind of screens on the deck, somthing like the Dillon deck.

3 Likes

Maybe he will. (Xtra Char)

I wish our decks could look like the massive deck at Legacy Union in Charlotte, while not attractive I find it to be one of the bast looking decks out there. It will also be mostly blocked by future buildings.

Obviously it is best not to have these massive decks but I feel this one was done right. At first glance this almost looks like a generic office building.

3 Likes

Looks only slightly taller than the parking deck, which is significantly shorter than the Phase 1 building itself. I wonder what the actual final height of the 9story office will be - I would think that 9 stories of office would be about equal in height to 11 stories of residential.

1 Like

I can’t even imagine how long it would take to drive to the top of that thing.

3 Likes

yeah its insanely huge in height and floor plate size.

I think it looks great compared to the Budget Inn-esque facade that is popular in Raleigh. Feel like those high end mid rise apartments that are built in DTD.

3 Likes

9 Likes

IF only everything could be at least twice as all. I think it looks silly at that height. Plus putting a 40 story near here will look odd… similar to what Kanes building with Harris Teeter in North Hills looks like next to all the taller buildings around it… just looks out of place and incomplete

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Food Halls and Grocery Stores in downtown Raleigh

I believe that everything will “look” fine and totally “complete”. It just takes time for the fill in to occur though naturally what we “first” see looks abnormally tall, kind of like when we were each growing up in our teen years…:wink:

4 Likes

Agreed… but I really do feel when I go to North Hills the Harris Teeter apartment complex looks ridiculous next to the other buildings.

Were not the building with Harris Teeter one of the first buildings build, before know how successful North Hills would be?

2 Likes

Phase 2 parking deck begins to rise out of the ground.

8 Likes

No tower crane? I’m disappointed

It’s still early. Who knows.

1 Like