Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

I mean, they’re putting up some black bricks on one small part of it. You’ll hardly notice it’s there!
:wink:

4 Likes

That’s it, Boylan is ruined! Only solution is to bulldoze it all and build skyscrapers!

7 Likes

At least someone is building something instead of just talking about it. Who gives a $hit if the parking deck isn’t beautiful? It’s better than seven times the footprint of surface parking. I love this forum until we go down these pessimistic rabbit holes. I’ll look at the thing 20x a day and I still thank my lucky stars I’ll be looking at that instead of the slums of 2016.

Glenwood Towers and the parking deck @510 Glenwood aren’t architecturally beautiful, but still make a pretty nice view at night.

13 Likes

What about the shadows?

1 Like

Oh the shade of it all! :parasol_on_ground:

Yeah, basically I’ve said before that a lot of what Kane builds isn’t perfect (Dillon gets it mostly right) but on balance it is totally worth it.

The parking deck on Johnson is not great, but it has lots of company all over downtown. The ramp might be the biggest nit I have to pick with any Kane building in the entire city. But it is still just that- a nit to pick. If that’s the price to pay to have Kane operating in town I’m glad to pay.

5 Likes

Just imagine if Kane had put some thoughtful consideration into what happens to the side of the deck that faces Johnson street; he could have made some lemonade out of that lemon. For example, imagine some sort of giant grid framework attached to the exterior. In some of those squares, he could have a planted living wall. In others, he could have fluttering tiles like shimmer wall. Yet in others he could have put some sort of electronic public art or some sort of video feature. Imagine vertical fins like the facade of the Hunt Library. IMO, it’s not like it would be difficult to figure out something really cool and engaging for that eyesore.
If I were on the city council, I’d make doing something to the face of that garage a condition to approving the rezoning request.

8 Likes

I’m actually surprised there aren’t more living walls in our developments.

3 Likes

Working on first floor wall framing.

Full Res

Full Res

6 Likes

I was wandering around there right before you apparently and took the same pic lol. If you saw a black sedan parked behind a truck, that was me lol

5 Likes

Creeper! Lolololol x20 characters

3 Likes

It gets worse. I think I may have seen @GucciLittlePig when I came home. Were you with a girl with colored hair?

I dig this wood panel contrast with the black brick.

13 Likes

Hahaha yes that my girlfriend. I saw someone ducking into the condos after a run and kind of wondered if that was someone on here. Could also have been another resident

2 Likes

I do too. Apparently the orange strip in the original renderings is actually going to be that too.
If this newer rendering is to be believed.

11 Likes

I was on four wheels, not two feet.

1 Like

The new rendering looks a ton better than the previous one.

4 Likes

Gotcha. Hope I didn’t run out in front of you lol

But small world!

Challenge On…
There seems to be another construction camera atop the Hampton Inn beside the one for the Peace (OxBlue Construction Time-Lapse Cameras) project but facing towards SmoHo Phase 2. Challenge: Can anyone find the link?

2 Likes

As seen in the photo, I noticed Saturday evening that the top floor lights never came on.