Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

It’s gonna be a tiny movie theater. :rofl::movie_camera:

2 Likes

At least it’s two floors so it can be a multi screen.

They’re going to use a water fountain for the screen. :fountain:

1 Like

Staffed by Triangle Man, doing the things that Triangles can. But don’t pick a fight, cause Triangle Man always wins.

3 Likes

They are putting up some metal beams on top of the parking deck. Framework for a big sign that says Smoky Hollow?

Still can’t wait to see what they end up doing with the exterior surfaces of the deck. One rendering shows red brick veneer and the other shoes black paint.

4 Likes

I was thinking 5 Guys. They can put a drive thru in that pull through area (if 5 Guys does drive through. Who knows, that place does nothing for me). It’ll cement this area as sort-of-urban-but-way-too-car-oriented-and-dependent.

I have changed my rumor. Chick Fil A. Since the other one downtown closed.

1 Like

Hmm… saw some guys in “Raleigh Urban Zipline” shirts around there the other day taking measurements and taking about [something something something] “… to the beer garden” but didn’t think much of it.

(kidding)

3 Likes

I believe its cooling tower framing for the Publix.

Please, please, please no drive thru!!!

Really? Hmm that’s interesting

Could be wrong.
I just remember a cooling tower being part of the fitup.

That makes sense to me. I don’t see anything on the roof that would be able to serve that purpose for the Publix. Those Refrigerated and freezer cases need a lot of outside gear.

@R-Dub, @rfrikard, @OakCityKarla and I are down for a zipline from the West over to Publix and back. :slight_smile:

Edit: “Hey hun, I’m going to zip over to Publix and grab a sub.” :rofl:

4 Likes

Don’t forget to stop at Chick-fil-A for a box of nuggets.

4 Likes

Man made it on both webcams tonight… feeling pretty famous!

6 Likes

Go back and I’ll grab a shot from mine.

So if you zip line over, how do you get back? This is why Raleigh needs a gondola system.

2 Likes

Introducing the Raleigh Catapult

6 Likes

It was supposed to be scooters…:sob:

2 Likes