Smoky Hollow Phases 1, 2, and 3

Dam John, you’ve really been bringing the zingers. Spot on observations.

4 Likes

You are so correct. Your next beer is on me. And 20 units in SmoHo P3 (that’s really not affordable housing) does nothing either. I bet Kane sells that parcel before he only goes 12 on such a small piece of land. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that.

4 Likes

Crane unloading our daily delivery of steel!

12 Likes

Times lapse I grabbed with a new cam (Wyze) of the construction.

7 Likes

Slowed down frames of the storm rolling through from the previous video.

5 Likes

That building really is going to be massive for that area…

1 Like

Shhhsh!!! Stef might hear you.

4 Likes

Lol I meant it in a good way. But you’re right! :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I know some people have suggested the idea of a Smoky Hollow phase 4 and something I just noticed may vaguely point to that being a possibility.

On May 15th of this year the parcel in red was acquired by the same Llc that controls the land for phase three.

Obviously since the rest of that block is owned by the county they would have to plan on selling that land, but maybe Kane is planing to attempt a phase 4.

7 Likes

I believe Wake County sold or leased that property or is in the process. I’m sure Kane bid.

Kane is absolutely bidding on that property.

Phase 4 would complete the project, but it isn’t necessary. It would just make it completely walk-able and more impressive.

4 Likes

I’m sure Kane would love to get his hands on this it’s basically 6 acres and zoned for 12 stories.

4 Likes

I’m was told a while back that the county will put it to RFP for bid. No timeline on when, but I also heard that Kane is absolutely interested in that lot (shocker).

1 Like

How great would this Smokey Phase 4 be?
To replace a large parking lot and a one story building.
Fabulous!

5 Likes

Smokey Phase 1-4 would be like the work Kane did/is doing in North Hills…Awesome! :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

BTW, the lot in question has it’s own thread here.

3 Likes

Does anyone have any intel (or even a good rumor) on what may go into the retail spot (triangle-shaped two story spot attached to SmoHo Phase 1 parking garage)?

1 Like

I can make up a rumor!

It will be the Triangle’s Triangle Shoppe, in the Triangle Building. They sell all sorts of custom-made Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill themed triangle shaped knick knacks

5 Likes

I’ll start a different rumor. It’s going to be a Panera Bread.

2 Likes