The Acorn Apartments / Marriott TownePlace Suites / 415 S. Blount Street

And showing from Lenoir St too

17 Likes

It’s okay. I’ve learned to lower my expectations and just appreciate that downtown, especially east downtown, is getting any investment at all. We could be an Akron or [insert any other declining town]. We’re all disappointed in the revealed aesthetics of many of the recent and upcoming projects, but what’s more important than the exterior is the functionality of a building. Until we can afford to privately commission our own developments, sometimes it’s just nice to keep a positive perspective on the frivolous things we can’t change or influence, friend. :sunflower::sunny:
Playing your vinyl on an operable table allows you to enjoy the whole song (;

13 Likes

Oh I love all of it, I just enjoy complaining a lil bit :blush: growth is growth. Someday we will fund our own development through this community. We can build that movie theater fountain Gucci store parking deck tower we’ve all been dreaming of :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Looks like this one will be fully topped out by next weekend.

25 Likes

25 Likes

Not the tallest building but feels significant at street level. Great height for this transition zone.

37 Likes

From my office window.

30 Likes

Now this is MF infill!!!

9 Likes

Four residential stories (7 total) framed.

106 units (small number for an apartment project) on 0.82 acres (129 units/acre).

26 Likes

Well, that .82 acre could be on a cul de sac and only have 4 houses on it. #glasshalffull

2 Likes

Anyone know what’s being built directly across Cabarrus Street from this project? Don’t know the exact address, but there appears to be a 2-3 story structural steel frame erected.

It was mentioned somewhere else on here. I think it’s related to the church.

Its a single family home, it’s just confusing to envision that being someones home with all the steal they are using.

3 Likes

Looks like a fire station LMAO

6 Likes

It’s being followed in the Prince Hall Historic District topic.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Prince Hall Historic District

Essentially topped out.

33 Likes

Nice infill, but much more looking forward to how much the Moore Sq East/South proposals will actually add to the skyline and density on the Eastern side of downtown!

11 Likes

I’m just looking forward to the bland hotel adjacent to this filling in another little hole in the meantime.

As Francisco noted above, largely topped out. Roof area cleaned up late last week of any remaining scrap wood and materials. Ready for the roofing crew?

29 Likes