The Dillon Retail

September 4 is new projected opening date.

3 Likes

Sign is going up! https://twitter.com/WeaverStreet/status/1161306131630907392

7 Likes

The DRA is hosting a pop-up Discover Downtown tour of Weaver Street on Monday, 8/26.

3 Likes

Thanks! I signed up.

Here’s a pretty cool shot from that Downtown Tour link.

7 Likes

That’s like the only angle shots are being taken because the rest of East Downtown Raleigh is so underdeveloped. Haha, I don’t think they would take a shot of the abandoned pest terminator building or the the City Market lined with empty store fronts!

4 Likes

They’ve pushed the date back to September 6 they said tonight. I took the tour, and it’s a good space. I think this will be very helpful for downtown.

Some notes:
10 beers upstairs on tap, with a bar and seating. Also the 10 beers have separate taps downstairs with its own little bar area.
Wine and cheese events upstairs
Tons of beer and wine shelf space
Focus on fresh food and produce
Half of store is prepared foods
Breakfast time they have avocado toast, toast with smoked salmon, etc.
Noodle bar, fresh sushi
Cooking classes upstairs
2 free community rooms upstairs
Hours are 7am to 10pm. Maybe 11pm on weekends depending on customer feedback.
Validated parking 1 hr at the Dillon deck with a $10 purchase.

12 Likes

Exciting news, and it looks like a great and dynamic space. thanks for the photos @GucciLittlePig

1 Like

I was on the earlier tour. I can’t wait for it to open! I need to order my granny cart soon.

5 Likes

I didn’t even know I should be excited about this. I had no idea this was going to be this nice. Wow. Thanks @GucciLittlePig for the pix and recap. I’m headed out of town for a few weeks on 9/6 so all the kinks should be worked out when I return.

3 Likes

Am I teaching you Twitter before you leave or when you get back? :joy:

Perhaps a mini session remedial class at the DTRCAC meetup on Thursday?

1 Like

This looks beautiful. Cannot wait to see it all filled out with color when the shelves are stocked!!!

3 Likes

Opening date moved to late next week for Weaver Street. Waiting is agony! image

4 Likes

I’m still in Greensboro until construction is finished on my place in Raleigh, so I don’t Visit the Dillion’s restaurants very often. Just curious to how these establishments have been doing the last couple of months. They look like great spaces and I hope they are successful.

Per their Facebook, the inspections found stuff they need the contractors to come back and fix. “Hoping” to open “by the end of September.”

:angry:

2 Likes

Saw this inside Barcelona tonight… Nice shot of the old interior. I prefer the new look :grin:

3 Likes

According to the Indy Weaver St. opens this Saturday the 21st. Says they will have festivals for opening day too with prizes for the first 100 and 500 shoppers.

8 Likes

I think the arrival of Weaver Street Market in downtown Raleigh is a Pretty Big Deal.
Their private-based charitable efforts is a welcome, positive force for the area.
This such a great anchor for The Dillon and should serve as a catalyst for the whole warehouse district.

9 Likes

Anything and everything that drives (pun intended) a more walkable community is a very big deal. The one two punch of having both Weaver Street and Publix walkable and RLine-able to downtown is transformational to downtown’s future.

9 Likes