The Fairweather and other condos on S. Harrington

Wow, not bad at all. Paint pays.

9 Likes

I suspect we’ll see a rezoning request come in on this plot and maybe assembled with the other, though it doesn’t really need to be (assembled).

3 Likes

I’m going to speak against it. It’ll block my view of the Fairweather from where I usually am hanging out.

1 Like

The tiny building next to The Fairweather has submitted to rezone from DX-5 to DX-20.

9 Likes

Hoping they build an identical building to the Fairweather, except 20 stories tall. They will call it the Fairestweather (of Them All). It will be for exceptionally, innovatively elevated living.

8 Likes

I have honestly been waiting for this to happen. But I was expecting a DX-12 zoning request. The discussions of those on the FW northside should be interesting. Welcome to DT living. We aren’t in the burbs anymore, Dorothy.

9 Likes

I spoke to somebody in the building that has a unit on that inside L and they weren’t surprised. I’m sure some will be.

1 Like

It would seem to me that this small property will likely be assembled with the adjacent properties for a more substantial project. One would think that the developer wouldn’t want their project crammed into that inside L as much as The Fairweather wouldn’t want it. A worst case scenario would be any new building shoving a garage into that corner such that terraces open onto parked cars staring them in the face. Again, this is why I have always chosen condos that face a street like you did.

4 Likes

To be honest, even if 520 S Harrington is developed at its current zoning of DX-5, it will still impact the view of those on the north side. I would have bought on any side of the FW building except for the north side. I could see what was coming. Hopefully the rest of the neighbors thought about that too. And I am with you @John - the street is a much better view than the backside of a building (or a parking garage).

4 Likes

As reported by @svp via text, I think we now have a record price per sqf for ITB condo sales (or any sales for that matter). A 1 bedroom in our building closed yesterday at $601/sqf.
:flushed: :money_mouth_face:

ps, we need more condos downtown!

12 Likes

Yeah, when I said developers needed concrete numbers to justify building Austin/Nashville/Atlanta caliber downtown condo towers, this is what I meant. Time to make it happen.

8 Likes

You inspired me to tweet. :joy:
:bird:

16 Likes

Exactly. Peace Condos have done really well too. We need a new 20+ condominium build or two around town.

4 Likes

I’d LOVE to see the Nash condo project spring back up with the Nexus block. That would help and probably one of our largest condo towers if not the largest in DTR.

9 Likes

Durham has multiple condo buildings going up asking in the $7-900/sf range, and it seems like they popped up before existing units reached anywhere near that price. Lots are already pending. I don’t understand why Raleigh doesn’t already have these too.

7 Likes

Raleigh seems to be on the million dollar townhouse kick.

1 Like

said condo?
523 S West St UNIT 405, Raleigh, NC 27601 | Zillow?

2 Likes

EXACTLY!!! Durham is way ahead on the condos. I wish more developers would step up and do some condos.

2 Likes

That is correct @John

2 Likes

Looks nice, but I don’t blame them for moving. The people they let into that Fairweather building
they’re the worst.

4 Likes