VeLa Longview - 220 East Morgan St - Marbles Parking lot

It’s not a box though, it’s a T R I A N G L E :hushed:

6 Likes

Yes I like the design it fit just fine on that land

1 Like

She’s a gem Clark. A real gem

6 Likes

We should sent brife message to his account an let him know this what are we looking forward to see with this shape their is a lots of chance to approve

Also, nothing like having expensive electronics over a sink.

Looks like 2025 is shaping up to be a year of a lot of things being delivered! Vela, RUSBUS, maybe Gibson part of Dix, Civic Campus, and some others I’m sure I didn’t mention.

12 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

For comparison, if built, this tower will only be about 20 feet shorter than the Eastern in North Hills. So this tower is big deal for downtown. Now if only US District Court property next door can be redeveloped one day…

16 Likes

You and me both… I’ve been saying that for years.

11 Likes

Not to high jack this, but where would it go? Clearly split the post office section off and just need the jails offices and courts, but these days the Fed’s want a big ol’ lot where ideally there is plenty of room between the building and the street. I am not sure right off we could move the Fed bldg, but I agree, it would be great to see that block become redeveloped.

How about offering them some of the State’s land over on Blue Ridge Road or Edwards Mill Road… The Feds can sprawl all they want out there next door to the new campus being built out there (forget the name, and I drive by it every day, lol). Let the City grow vertically on their prime real estate downtown.

3 Likes

Fair - and there is plenty of land around DTR for sure. But I just think the courts should be downtown. Guess I am old fashion that way. Wendell would probably love to have the Fed Courthouse there! Hell, any of the Wake’s smaller towns.

3 Likes

Or even some of the State land two blocks away and they could build a more efficient facility that doesn’t take a whole city block.

3 Likes

Construction timeline?

Noooo! That’s the last thing Blue Ridge Rd needs. I can’t wait until most of those lots are repurposed for something that actually adds value to the area. As someone that lives in that area, we desperately need more amenities such as restaurants and other attractions that aren’t gov’t owned or medical.

3 Likes

Start mid 2023, delivery 2025.

3 Likes

Good stuff!! Of course it may cast a shadow on WakeMed so those doctors & nurses may be picketing City Hall next week

I’m with you on wanting the courts downtown. And I perversely kind of like the building that’s there as classic big broad-shouldered 70s government architecture - most newer buildings just don’t have that heft and solidity. If they could tear down the postal monstrosity attached to it and make the landscaping feel a little more welcoming (given their security requirements), now we’re cooking with gas.

5 Likes

My dad works landscape by his own account and I think this would be a great idea he everything and name of plants and even. Trees he know how to decorate and Right now he doesn’t have no work It very sad to see him being depressed I wish I could give y’all and business card

Duplexes is a Yankee term for 2 levels. I think they call what we call duplex a side-by-side.

clarify - Duplex is only for two level apartments, condo’s, and co-ops. Not 2 story track houses.

3 Likes