Zimmer - Peace at Capital (SE Corner) - 506 Capital Blvd

Well, let’s see, I’ve already been waiting since about 1979, so I’ll make circa 2059.

1 Like

This is to cool of a building. It will never get built.

2 Likes

Now that this has been shown, it ups the game for Kane. So, even if it doesn’t get built, there’s a visual challenge thrown down by this developer.

9 Likes

Reminds me of the Soleil Center, which would’ve been a 40 floor building next to Crabtree. One of the many canceled projects in 2008.

Strikingly similar design.

1 Like

How real is this proposal? I am honestly shocked to see this as I have never heard anything about it before.

It’s as real as an official rezoning request is. Given my observation of the development team’s presentation to a CAC that doesn’t even have an official vote in the rezone request I’d say their desire is real. The fact they stated several times they want a unicorn and they aren’t building on spec I’d say the reality of this happening is likely <50%. I’m sure some would say much less than 50%.

7 Likes

Really awesome to see this. I imagine part of development is marketing a site and showing off its potential. People respond to a pretty picture so maybe it makes its way to decision maker that is looking for a lot of new space.

By all means!

4 Likes

What was their wording in regards to waiting for a specific tenant? I’m guessing the word “unicorn” was not used. If they are in fact waiting for a fortune 100 HQ then yeah I give this a 1% chance.

3 Likes

“We want a unicorn, a Fortune 100 company”.
Will you build on spec? “(laughs) no, we aren’t building on spec for a development of this size”

give or take a few words…

2 Likes

Boy, they’re going to be sitting on this property forever just like the Edison.

4 Likes

Wow. Yeah good luck. If I was a fortune 100 company and could pick any lot downtown, this wouldn’t be it.

5 Likes

…and besides, as a Fortune 100 company, I want a 41 story 501 feet tall building…Lol :wink::joy:

6 Likes

If a company does ever come here or if this building gets approved this area should be fairly different by then. Brand new seaboard station, all of Smokey Hollow, Deveraux Meadow park, etc.

2 Likes

Actual final project rendering, to be delivered in 2031. :laughing:

20 Likes

The top floor is affordable housing. They saved money by not having any windows :grin:

11 Likes

That actually looks like what Boylan is going to get except 7 stories and the 1st floor is going to be twice as tall (commercial). Your affordable housing comment literally made me LOL. :rofl:

1 Like

Good one!! I’m still laughing

That transit map is outdated as heck :grimacing: Fortunately, there are still plans for a BRT corridor along Capitol.

1 Like

Oh, forgot to mention they also said they’d dress up the trestle overpass at Peace. “Maybe some LEDs or something”.

4 Likes

Seriously. two 40 story buildings…it’d be like Raleigh’s version of the Brandenburgh Gate.

1 Like