Zimmer - Peace at Capital (SE Corner) - 506 Capital Blvd

I think that I would prefer, Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers…:wink:

1 Like

I was actually thinking yesterday that I want to start a rumor that Amazon is secretly working to establish HQ3 (call it what you want) in Raleigh and this will be their twin towers. Maybe a walkway over Capital connecting them?

I mean really though, what if you had these two rezoning requests 8 months ago prior to the decision and after the “short list”.

3 Likes

Back in the day, when a few of us were trying to get the Peace/Capital intersection returned to at-grade, I seem to remember that someone had done some crude renderings for the website: linkpeace. In those renderings, I think that one of them showed two towers flanking the SW and SE corners of the intersection, but I can’t find it online anymore, and linkpeace’s website doesn’t seem to be active anymore. @dtraleigh do you remember that? Also, I don’t think that the towers that were shown were as ambitious as these two developer are.

I’m hosting the site here but what you’re talking about is not there. I’ll dig through my archives. I know exactly what you are talking about.

http://theraleighcommons.org/linkpeacestreet/index.php

1 Like

Found this as I dug for it last night.
You definitely had a fan in this follower at the time.

3 Likes

Oh…one more thing @dtraleigh can you change the title of this thread to Peace at Capital (SE Corner)? Capitol only refers to the actual building, not the boulevard. :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks @John, that was an interesting read and some good photos. I did get a kick out of following the “link peace st” link and found it took me to a page all in Asian characters. I would think that would limit your audience!

1 Like

oh yeah! I actually remember that. Nice find.

Here it is. I still have it all.

7 Likes

sigh

Why can’t we have nice things? That would have been incredible. :hushed:

NCDOT. That’s why…

4 Likes

Thanks for finding that Leo!

Don’t know where else to put this. Old Capital bridge over Peace peacing out.

23 Likes

in pieces on peace??

9 Likes

or peace by piece…

4 Likes

May it rest in … well, you get the point.

5 Likes

I’m glad that we had the capital to do something about it.

3 Likes

…piecemeal, you could even say…

4 Likes

I’m so happy I could bring a peace of humor to this thread.

4 Likes

You didn’t CAPITALize peace.

3 Likes

Y’alls argument now has holes in it.

13 Likes