301 Hillsborough / Raleigh Crossing

From a wish list perspective? A drug store is sorely needed in that general area.

2 Likes

Watching the sun set from Wye Hill, it’s really apparent that this is one of the most beautiful buildings in the city with its reflective glass. And from this angle, the unfinished parking deck is obscured…by another parking deck!

30 Likes

The cloud reflections on this thing were a thing of beauty on Sunday afternoon / evening…

8 Likes

Bad picture, but first time I’ve noticed the top lit up with the sign.

27 Likes

We sure do have some good guys & ladies here that takes great pictures . Thanks a million !

7 Likes

Not a bad picture at all. Was just down here from a slightly different angle looking at this but without your better vantage point. So it is indeed lit up on the crown and with the sign! Couldn’t quite figure out if this had happened, so thank you for your photo!

2 Likes

Gotta tell you. The Pendo sign doesn’t look that good against the lighter parapet wall. Saw it on my way to work this morning and was disappointed at the lack of contrast. You almost could not read what it said.

8 Likes

I know some folks that work there and it’s well known that it’s hard to read. I think this is just a testing phase and they’re still working on getting it more visible.

3 Likes

I like how they tried to do something different and I honestly like the color. It surprisingly looks good with the yellow light.

3 Likes

How to ruin a good shot…

#dtraerial
#301H-aerial

23 Likes

Dylan , Pretty good hitting average here , what 49/50 , 950+ . I really liked the added 301H to our skyline when driving past Raleigh/Duke Hospital yesterday .

What’s wrong with it? Looks good to me! I will agree with others though, the “Pendo” signage is impossible to read- or even see, really- from the ground.

2 Likes

It’s funny, I like their logo, the stroke width is just too thin to be read clearly from that far up, plus it competes with the glass lines.

does the reflection of the Holiday Inn bother you?

1 Like

Maybe it’s more hidden than I thought.

Look “through” the building. There’s a monster lurking in the reflection.

Oh, I think I see it. Is it the bane of nearly everyone on this site? The parking deck?

Man, I’m really confused… :thinking:

1 Like

I thought the audience here generally didn’t like the Holiday Inn. It’s not really hiding.

1 Like

I’m fine with the Holiday Inn but I’m typically a contrarian to most things. :grimacing:

2 Likes

30 posts were split to a new topic: Holiday Inn at 320 Hillsborough Street